Stafford (II, III and IV)

Buffalo Fan

despite all the man love that goes around here for this guy and any of the other "untouchables" that are on this roster, TRADE HIM...I am all for building from within, but this is getting ridiculous (spelled correctly just for you Ink)....Trade some of these ass clowns while they still have value. You need a few of these guys to link the past to the present and future, but let's get some proven talent in here. Right now we have a roster of UNPROVENS...and their value continues to diminish by the day. Even though they are pretty good players...other teams watch us spiral out of control and think, "why would I pay going rate for any of these players??" The Sabres continue to covet their own players to the point where they are out bidding themselves for their own talent. We may have to stock up on some draft picks for a year or two because of our situation, but don't fall in love with your own guys!!

Also, I don't think Ruff can be held at fault for the LESSER TALENT POOL that he has been dealt...does anyone remember his reaction when neither Briere nor Drury were retained? I seem to remember a sense of HESITATION...like, "OK, where are we going?" Blame for Reiger? maybe. But he seems to have Hudini'ed his way out of some handcuffed situations leading me to believe that this is an ownership situation. Who would you replace either with, and could you realistically expect a significantly different outcome??????????????

Galisano did a great thing by saving the Sabres, but we need more if we expect to be winners.

If you were to trade a good player who is still developing... for another more players who are less developed... how long before people call for these players to be traded for more un-totally delveloped players? No chance they can yeild a good proven player... I know you're pain and I know you are calling for heads... just may be the wrong one. We've seen how good these players can be with a fair amount of leadership. Unfortunatly there isn't much of that on our team and nobody apparently gets held accountable for anything anymore.

Atleast you give credit to Mr. G. instead of rip him like most of the animals on here, who refuse to believe without him that they would wouldn't already be in hamilton.

despite all the man love that goes around here for this guy and any of the other "untouchables" that are on this roster, TRADE HIM...I am all for building from within, but this is getting ridiculous (spelled correctly just for you Ink)....Trade some of these ass clowns while they still have value. You need a few of these guys to link the past to the present and future, but let's get some proven talent in here. Right now we have a roster of UNPROVENS...and their value continues to diminish by the day. Even though they are pretty good players...other teams watch us spiral out of control and think, "why would I pay going rate for any of these players??" The Sabres continue to covet their own players to the point where they are out bidding themselves for their own talent. We may have to stock up on some draft picks for a year or two because of our situation, but don't fall in love with your own guys!!

Also, I don't think Ruff can be held at fault for the LESSER TALENT POOL that he has been dealt...does anyone remember his reaction when neither Briere nor Drury were retained? I seem to remember a sense of HESITATION...like, "OK, where are we going?" Blame for Reiger? maybe. But he seems to have Hudini'ed his way out of some handcuffed situations leading me to believe that this is an ownership situation. Who would you replace either with, and could you realistically expect a significantly different outcome??????????????

Galisano did a great thing by saving the Sabres, but we need more if we expect to be winners.

Of course its ownership when it comes to the Cup, however darcy could have built a playoff team with the payroll but he does not understand.

..Trade some of these ass clowns while they still have value.

nice rant, but apparently Kotalik was the only valued chump of the bunch around the league. Perfect example of your arguement is Max and perhaps Timmy; but Darcy flinched.

BTW, talking about value, has Moore registered a point yet? Is it 6 or 7 games now? :unsure: not bad for over 15 minutes a game.

I think there is too much of a boy scout community in the locker room, no captain will step up and call anyone out.....They need TO!!!!!

Unless significant changes are made, I expect none, I believe Golisano is just a check book with legs. He lets Quinn mind the store which is unfortunate for Sabres fans all over.

It's not Quinn, or Lindy. It's the stiffs on the ice. We have a really weak and unskilled D- corps. The Sens first goal last night was on a totally lazy and sloppy giveaway by Spacek. Lydman does this regularly. Tallinder? Please. Rivet is tough, but less than average defensively. Numminen is finished. Sekera is good and getting better, and Butler has upside, but that's it. The whole lot of them have less goals than ONE top D-man would have. On "offense", how much worse could Hecht possibly play? The guy is horrible, and adds nothing to this lineup. Pommer has crapped out this year, and Goose, Kaleta, Mair and Ellis play w/ energy, but have limited talent. We have a very average team. Keepers to build around, IMO, are: Vanek, Connolly, Stafford (he's still young, w/ upside), Sekera, Butler, Weber, Gerbe, Miller, maybe Goose and maybe Roy, although he plays WAY too casually for my taste at times. What we don't have is heart or passion. The fact that an unskilled newcomer, Rivet, is our captain speaks volumes.

Archived