Will the Sabres trade for a top-9 forward by tomorrow?

nfreeman

Will something real happen?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Everyone here wants some action. Darcy generally doesn't seem to take our pulse when making his decisions. However, we're all (or most, anyway) reasonably aware of how he operates. So, I'm asking for a prediction: will the Sabres bring in a top-9 forward tomorrow? Regardless of what happens with Marty, or picks, or prospects, or dumping Max, or whatever -- is there help coming for the offense?

• Yes
    • No

I voted "yes" because it seems like there is heavy pressure to make the playoffs this year. But it's hard to be confident on this one. Part of me expects to see Darcy taking the position that getting Max back is the big new addition to the offense.

Go Sabres.

Here's hoping it's a top 6, seasoned, and signed for a few years.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hdx9JjzDfo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hdx9JjzDfo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah, Derek Armstrong or Jeff Halpern don't count.

ah... honestly, and I saw you mentioned it earlier in another thread, but i've always had a man-crush on Alex Frolov. I don't even think hes on our radar but I would be ecstatic if he ended up in our lineup.

Kotalik is such an under achiever. We need him out. I'd rather see Mark Mancari play over Kotalik.

Deal Kotalik at the deadline when we can still get something, anything for him in return.

By what standards is Kotalik a "underachiever?" He is what he is and that is a 20 goal scorer who uses his size when motivated.

Yeah, Derek Armstrong or Jeff Halpern don't count.

I like Halpern a lot and would be happy if we brought him in. He's a good two-way guy, can score, is responsible defensively, and is a veteran leader signed through next season to a very reasonable contract.

Here's Puck Daddy's take:

? Jeff Halpern, C, Tampa Bay

Contract Status: Signed through 2009-10 season.

Teams He Could Help: Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Buffalo, Florida.

So Basically, He's a Poor Man's: Rod Brind'Amour.

Here's Why He'll Be Traded At the Deadline: General Manager Brian Lawton might part with Halpern if he's blown away by an offer; something that typically happens every year at the deadline.

Here's Why He Won't Be Traded At the Deadline: Liked by head coach Rick Tocchet and has an attractive $2-million salary for next season.

By what standards is Kotalik a "underachiever?" He is what he is and that is a 20 goal scorer who uses his size when motivated.

Thats the key. When motivated. Which is not often enough. If we want to win, its about time we fill the ranks with players who ARE motivated.

If it weren't for his shot, Kotalik would have been shipped out long ago. Recall earlier this season; Kotalik was actually playing well. He was moving his feet and proved to be a very effective forward, so much so that he was paired with Vanek. I was hoping that's how he would play all season long. Unfortunately, he reverted back to his former self. That is, he began to not move his feet, stray away from puck battles along the boards and jeopardize offensive rushes due to an overall lack in offensive vision(i.e. terrible passing and playmaking).

Thats the key. When motivated. Which is not often enough. If we want to win, its about time we fill the ranks with players who ARE motivated.

If it weren't for his shot, Kotalik would have been shipped out long ago. Recall earlier this season; Kotalik was actually playing well. He was moving his feet and proved to be a very effective forward, so much so that he was paired with Vanek. I was hoping that's how he would play all season long. Unfortunately, he reverted back to his former self. That is, he began to not move his feet, stray away from puck battles along the boards and jeopardize offensive rushes due to an overall lack in offensive vision(i.e. terrible passing and playmaking).

Replace the Words Motivated with healthy and you ecan re-use that exact same sentence for Timmy

Well, in this case, it looks like the minority was right! What did I predict again?

Now, if they can just play well for more than 1 game in a row, and if they can just beat a crappy team when they need the points, and if Max can keep his head out of his butt, and if Stafford and Pommer can start scoring again and if Lalime can keep it going...

I can't help it! I'm psyched again!

Go Sabres.

Archived