GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Wow, totally frustrating game. The Sabres are dominating play and the Ducks capitalize on the only 3 chances they have and get three goals. We've still got the third period left, but this is a tough mountain to climb. Let's hope we can get 2 back and keep the Ducks scoreless in the third. Need Boston to win and Carolina to lose. Sens doing us a big favor tonight. Need Vancouver to get back in their game.

Sorry, but it's time to quit making excuses for a clearly washed up goaltender. At some point you have to hold him responsible for his awful record. The numbers don't lie. I really want to be optimistic, but the ugly reality is setting in.

You've got me all wrong. I think Lalime sucks ass. All I'm saying is the first two weren't his fault.

Okay, only an absolute homer still thinks this is a playoff team, let alone a playoff team that could make it out of the first round. Does Darcy really need to wait 2 more games before the trade deadline to decide to become a seller?

When healthy (Miller and Vanek) we are easily a playoff team, and possibly could get out of the 1st round depending on the seed. I think most teams when losing their star goaltender would turn into a non-contender (except NJD apparently). We've lost our two best players.. its gonna be a pain in the ass if they want to make it in. That said what would you expect to sell that would get anything back?

When healthy (Miller and Vanek) we are easily a playoff team, and possibly could get out of the 1st round depending on the seed. I think most teams when losing their star goaltender would turn into a non-contender (except NJD apparently). We've lost our two best players.. its gonna be a pain in the ass if they want to make it in. That said what would you expect to sell that would get anything back?

which just goes to show that this team isnt good enough to contend.Contenders can weather injuries.

which just goes to show that this team isnt good enough to contend.Contenders can weather injuries.

To their two best players (one of which is the goaltender)?

I'd also say that we were weathering the Vanek injury okay and we havn't even seen a whole game without miller yet. WE've dominated all game just didn't get the bounces. Sometimes #%^$#! just happens.

Really? We had a healthy Miller/Vanek and still missed the playoffs last year. Up until the past couple weeks this season, we had a healthy Miller/Vanek and were hanging onto the 8th seed by a thread. You just admitted in your thread that it's going to be real difficult to make the playoffs now. Good. Confronting reality is always a good thing. Now here are 5 players off the top of my head that teams in the buying market might "rent" for a playoff push:

Connolly

Spacek

Kotalik

Numminen

Ellis

"I don't think we are ever going to be in a panic situation". Darcy Regier, in-game interview..

Yeah..."I don't think you can aquire a #1 goaltender at this point, and Patty Lalime is as good as it gets as a number 2..."

Further proof that Darcy sleeps through the games and is told the final score in the morning...

Anaheim's just toying...playing keep-away.

This game is playing out just like the last time we played them.. Out hustle and outhit them early and then get shutout late..

How many pucks have been available in front of the Anaheim net tonight that the Sabres just couldn't get to?

Yeah..."I don't think you can aquire a #1 goaltender at this point, and Patty Lalime is as good as it gets as a number 2..."

Further proof that Darcy sleeps through the games and is told the final score in the morning...

What do expect him to say. lalime sucks and we are desperate in the hunt for someone to carry us while Ryan is out? Yeah that ought to get ya a deal and help your goalie

This game is playing out just like the last time we played them.. Out hustle and outhit them early and then get shutout late..

How many pucks have been available in front of the Anaheim net tonight that the Sabres just couldn't get to?

Plus their forecheck is killing us...we're giving away a lot of pucks in our own zone.

Archived