Don Cherry 75 yrs. today

millbank

It is hockey personality's Don Cherry's birthday today , he is 75 years old. Brash on air, more reserved and thoughtful off, but still firm in his opinions.

Don Cherry Birthday

"I like it when guys ask me about my age because at 75, I'm still looking good," Cherry said. "I look at myself in the mirror and say 'Grapes, Grapes, you're looking good today. You're going to kill 'em today.'

:lol:

Gotta love Don Cherry, he always tells it like it is ... or was (see 6:15):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hope the upholstery industry had sufficient notice.

The suit he had on last Saturday was hideously sweet. HNIC is a must. The NHL Network is starting to show Don Cherry's old studio show before HNIC starts. It is full of unintentional and intentional comedy. I highly recommend it.

Happy B-Day Grapes

On a side note:

My mission before I die is to buy a suit from Moores

My mission before I die is to buy a suit from Moores

:thumbsup:

Being from Rochester, where Don Cherry is still a god, I make sure to DVR HNIC every Saturday. My wife even enjoys him and is excited just to see what he's wearing. I met him several times in Rochester when he was a player, then as coach of the Amerks. His weekly (it seems to be that often, sadly)salute to Canadians who have been killed overseas is genuine and heartfelt...you know he really believes in the troops and their mission.

75?!?!? Jeeziz, that means I'm getting up there as well.

Archived