HELP! The PITT Pens Have Fallen

ExiledInIllinois

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... on NHL on NBC just now, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury just referenced Pittsburgh... "last Spring when they were Stanley Cup Champions" and "Stanley Cup hangover". I had to rewind and play it again to make sure I wasn't losing it.

I'm sorry, but I thought Detroit won the Cup last year. Wtf NBC?

Ok... on NHL on NBC just now, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury just referenced Pittsburgh... "last Spring when they were Stanley Cup Champions" and "Stanley Cup hangover". I had to rewind and play it again to make sure I wasn't losing it.

I'm sorry, but I thought Detroit won the Cup last year. Wtf NBC?

Bettman decided that Crosby deserved his name on the Cup so he had the results thrown out and awarded the championship to the Pens.

Maybe the Penguins need some

The bigger debate with Staal is just how good he is or can become. He had a great rookie year and a largely forgettable second year. This year so far has been about average and if you take away 2 games that ocurred within 3 days of each other, he has 6 goals 4 assists and is a minus 11.

Unless he has a huge second half, i'd be surprised to see him receive a huge deal especially if the cap remains flat in 09 and is still projected to fall significantly in 2010.

Staal signed last week. 4 years for 4 million a year Staal

Archived