How about moving Roy to wing?

LabattBlue

He is in such a slump offensively, can it really hurt. Didn't he play wing with Drury a couple of years back(at least for part of a season)? Doesn't have to be a permanent switch, just a slump buster.

Roy-Connolly-Vanek

Paille-Hecht-Pominville

Stafford-MacArthur-Max(I'd rather see Mancari get a shot instead of Max!)

Mair-Gaustad-Kaleta

He is in such a slump offensively, can it really hurt. Didn't he play wing with Drury a couple of years back(at least for part of a season)? Doesn't have to be a permanent switch, just a slump buster.

Roy-Connolly-Vanek

Paille-Hecht-Pominville

Mair-Gaustad-Kaleta

Roy not only played wing for part of a season he played wing in game four against Ottawa and scored off a nice feed from Drury to start that game. I like Roy at wing. I just hate Hecht at center and can't rely on Connolly. Now if you want to tell me that they are going to sign Sundin?????

One problem is that we have only four guys that are good on faceoffs: Roy, Connolly, Mair and Gaustad. MacArthur and Hecht are bad. If Roy were on Hecht's or MacArthur's wing, you could have him take faceoffs. Otherwise, those middle lines will continue to struggle on the dot.

How about:

Vanek-Connolly-Pominville

Paille-Hecht-Roy

Staffor-MacArthur-Max

Mair-Gaustad-Kaleta

I like the idea of switching it up, but the only thing that worries me is the current lack of depth and quality at center. We can't count on Timmy, Jochen is serviceable at center (I've always liked his play much more at wing) and Gaustad is still too inconsistent as an offensive threat to move him up past the third line. I fear that we're going to have to let Roy work his way through it, even if it means going so far as to nail his butt to the bench for a period or two or even making him a healthy scratch.

But don't worry - I'm sure it won't be long before we start hearing the calls for the RAV line to be reunited.

I like the idea of switching it up, but the only thing that worries me is the current lack of depth and quality at center. We can't count on Timmy, Jochen is serviceable at center (I've always liked his play much more at wing) and Gaustad is still too inconsistent as an offensive threat to move him up past the third line. I fear that we're going to have to let Roy work his way through it, even if it means going so far as to nail his butt to the bench for a period or two or even making him a healthy scratch.

But don't worry - I'm sure it won't be long before we start hearing the calls for the RAV line to be reunited.

With the way Lindy shuffles lines, what difference does it make? Move Roy to wing and when Connolly gets hurt, move him back to center.

Roy-Connolly-Vanek

Paille-Hecht-Pominville

Mair-Gaustad-Kaleta

You should have a alternate lineup for when Connolly is out.

Another thought:

Vanek-Connolly-Pominville

Hecht-MacArthur-Roy

Stafford-Mair-Max

Paille-Gaustad-Kaleta

Or if you don't want to mess with the Hecht-Pommer, Vanek-Roy chemistry:

Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

Vanek-MacArthur-Roy

Stafford-Mair-Max

Paille-Gaustad-Kaleta

That leaves (when Connolly is in) your four best faceoff players on different lines. When Connolly is out, Hecht moves to center, Paille moves up and Peters comes in.

Archived