Am I hearing things?

buftex

Last night, I logged on to Bob Matthews radio show on WHAM 1180, out of Rochester. I only caught the tail end of what he was talking about, but it sounded like he was suggesting that Amerks might become the farm team for the Florida Panthers! What was he talking about? Anyone know, or was I misunderstanding something?

Guest Guest

I don't think the Amerks would be with just Florida. But i don't think they wanna do a 2 team system again either.

I've heard the best possibility will be the NYR because them and Hartford arn't seeing eye to eye. But most likey, they will remain with the Sabres.

This is brutal. Why does this debate go on every year? Golisano would probably be better off buying the team!!

I'm not privy to all the details, just what I see here, but it seems there is almost as much whining out of Rochester as there is in Quebec over seperation - and that's a lot of whining!

This is brutal. Why does this debate go on every year? Golisano would probably be better off buying the team!!

I'm not privy to all the details, just what I see here, but it seems there is almost as much whining out of Rochester as there is in Quebec over seperation - and that's a lot of whining!

It's a negotiation ploy by the Rochester owner (his name escapes me at the moment) to get the best possible deal he can. It's no big deal.

I've been trying to keep up with this issue this season a little. I have family who lives in Rochester and frequently attend Amerk games.

Apparently, as mentioned before, this is the first year (at least in quite some time) that the Amerks have tried a dual affiliation (w/ BUF and FLA), while this adds to the number of prospects the Amerks get to pick from, the Amerks have been subsequently hurt by the number of call-ups from both the Sabres and Panthers this season.

While the Amerks have done well in recent seasons, both on the ice and in the stands, their success at the gate came from success on the ice (a crazy concept). While the team has still managed to draw in the 5,000 range for most games, they haven't been gettting sellout, as they have in past years, and on the ice the Amerks have been hovering around .500.

From what I've heard, the Amerks aren't eager to end their affiliation with the Sabres, but they do want Buffalo to show more of a commitment towards giving the Amerks a marketable and successful team. Amerk management has admitted that the dual affiliation idea (which has worked elsewhere) is not a concept the organization would try again next year. While they would like to stick with the Sabres, and it makes sense for the Sabres to stick with Rochester (with the regional connection making sense), Rochester would like to see Buffalo assist them in signing some players that will help to make their team competitive once more on the ice.

I've been trying to keep up with this issue this season a little. I have family who lives in Rochester and frequently attend Amerk games.

Apparently, as mentioned before, this is the first year (at least in quite some time) that the Amerks have tried a dual affiliation (w/ BUF and FLA), while this adds to the number of prospects the Amerks get to pick from, the Amerks have been subsequently hurt by the number of call-ups from both the Sabres and Panthers this season.

While the Amerks have done well in recent seasons, both on the ice and in the stands, their success at the gate came from success on the ice (a crazy concept). While the team has still managed to draw in the 5,000 range for most games, they haven't been gettting sellout, as they have in past years, and on the ice the Amerks have been hovering around .500.

From what I've heard, the Amerks aren't eager to end their affiliation with the Sabres, but they do want Buffalo to show more of a commitment towards giving the Amerks a marketable and successful team. Amerk management has admitted that the dual affiliation idea (which has worked elsewhere) is not a concept the organization would try again next year. While they would like to stick with the Sabres, and it makes sense for the Sabres to stick with Rochester (with the regional connection making sense), Rochester would like to see Buffalo assist them in signing some players that will help to make their team competitive once more on the ice.

That's how I understand the problem. What is Golisano to do? Promise that no more Sabres will be injured?

Archived