Is there still a free trolley downtown?

Barnabov

Could someone let me know if the free trolley still runs downtown from like the Fountain Plaza to the arena before & after games. We're flying in for the game next week (Tuesday) & can't find anything on the 'net about it still being operationally.

It was a big help a few years ago when we stayed at the Comfort Inn, had dinner at EB Green's then just walked in front of the Hyatt & rode down to HSBC.

Appreciate if anyone can tell us about this - with 3 kiddos age 3 & under, it's hard to move from point A to B without planning.

Thanks!

Could someone let me know if the free trolley still runs downtown from like the Fountain Plaza to the arena before & after games. We're flying in for the game next week (Tuesday) & can't find anything on the 'net about it still being operationally.

It was a big help a few years ago when we stayed at the Comfort Inn, had dinner at EB Green's then just walked in front of the Hyatt & rode down to HSBC.

Appreciate if anyone can tell us about this - with 3 kiddos age 3 & under, it's hard to move from point A to B without planning.

Thanks!

Above ground section is still free and I believe it runs to the arena stop until 30 minutes after the game ends.

That's Big Pimpin baby!

Nope - not even smart enough to understand your post Inkman. Guess I'm too old. Pretty sad when you have to Google the abbreviations to figure out what they mean (BTW was a recent addition to my vocabulary). Don't laugh - all you who are younger & understand current slang probably won't know what those 10-15 years younger are talking about when you get to be around my age (just turned 38 on Sunday but that's nearly 20 years removed from high school).

Nope - not even smart enough to understand your post Inkman. Guess I'm too old. Pretty sad when you have to Google the abbreviations to figure out what they mean (BTW was a recent addition to my vocabulary). Don't laugh - all you who are younger & understand current slang probably won't know what those 10-15 years younger are talking about when you get to be around my age (just turned 38 on Sunday but that's nearly 20 years removed from high school).

I just turned 37 Sunday but I've kept in touch with the Yout's (did you say Youts?). I married a woman 10 years my junior, I have a 12 year old step-son and my brther is 25, so I have many avenues to travel in order to stay in touch.

The poster which you are reffering to spndnchz, is short for spendin cheeze, or what the youngins might call spending money. If you go to the club and buy $500 dollars worth of Crystal (1 or 2 bottles), you would be spending cheese. Basically, it's just a term for needlessly blowing cash, or the basic foundation of hip-hop culture. It's dumb, pointless and the worst habit these so called role models exibit.

I just turned 37 Sunday but I've kept in touch with the Yout's (did you say Youts?). I married a woman 10 years my junior, I have a 12 year old step-son and my brther is 25, so I have many avenues to travel in order to stay in touch.

The poster which you are reffering to spndnchz, is short for spendin cheeze, or what the youngins might call spending money. If you go to the club and buy $500 dollars worth of Crystal (1 or 2 bottles), you would be spending cheese. Basically, it's just a term for needlessly blowing cash, or the basic foundation of hip-hop culture. It's dumb, pointless and the worst habit these so called role models exibit.

OK- thanks Inkman for explaining it to one who's out of touch - at least I was able to sound it out correctly but spending cheese made no sense to me. Happy birthday BTW - same day as me! Two Yout's we are not. I'll tell my wife that we are going to be Big Pimpin Spndchz at EB Greens before the Sabres game - that should really set her off - she's younger than me but even less in tune with all this than I am (having missed out on college by going straight to med school from high school).

Cheers,

Barnabov

NSFW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plUy7Me_fZQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plUy7Me_fZQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived