[OT] Pizza Delivery

inkman

One of the freakiest places i have had to deliver was to a known sex-offender. He is a creepy guy, and i half expected to see corpses rotting on his porch. I got the heads up before i made the delivery to the guy. Wish no one would have told me so i could just have thought i was making a normal delivery.

Ohh and for the cheap people out there, a piece of advice about tipping and still being reasonable. If you are extremely close to where the driver is delivering from, a smaller tip is acceptable. But be aware if you are far as hell away, you should put an extra $1 in there. I take quantity of deliveries over quality everyday. But its nice when you get quality tips from a high quantity of orders.

On a side note, working with a bunch of 16-20 somethings, these kids don't want to do shizit. They just want to surf the net on the work computer and leave a few minutes early to get whatever party one of them finds out about. They will stop taking calls 30 minutes before they are supposed to and mohter #%^$#! every order they have to make after 8 o'clock. I actually find myself wanting to do extra work because the last thing I want to do is stand around doing nothing.

Therein lies your problem. I think people have an issue tipping slack-ass teenage kids. Customers are just associating you with that group. What about something on the side without that association?

Therein lies your problem. I think people have an issue tipping slack-ass teenage kids. Customers are just associating you with that group. What about something on the side without that association?

I've looked around a bit but this is really the only job I can find within my availability where I can make 12-15 bucks an hour. I don't look my age and with all the ink customers probably figure I'm a slacker too.

I always tip $5 for a delivery.

Only once did i not tip well. It was a few years ago, Super Bowl sunday, and i had a huge party at my house. Tons of booze. Tons of snacks. Women. We started drinking at like 2-3 and were pretty hammered. At 530pm, we ordered pizza. Like 3 sheets and bunch of chicken wings. They said, give us an hour. So 630. Cool i said. Those fvckers came at like 815. I called them at like 7 and wondered wtf the pizza was and they said "on the way". I was so mad, i tipped like 25 cents. The pizza driver threw it back at me, thats why i rushed him and beat his ass. Long story short, i'm blacklisted from pontillo's in penfield and had a interesting night talking to the cops. But i guess that kid got fired, i didn't get any tickets or any trouble besides being black listed, the guy threw his tip and slammed my screen door at me. Come on... lol

I was so mad, i tipped like 25 cents.

That is another problem. The messenger always gets shot. I ordered a pizza last year from a place I always go pick it up at but I decided toget it delivered this one time. The apartment complex I was living in had building numbers as well as aprtment numbers but each apartment was numbered sequentially from 1-200 something, rendering the building number nothing more than a guideline. So I told the pizza joint my address, no building number, after all there are signs all over our parking lots instructing everyone which apartments coincide with which buildings.

One hour goes by. (they told me 20 minutes) I call and ask where my pizza is. On the way they tell me.

Thirty minutes later, I call back and just tell them I will come and get it. No No they tell me, the driver is out and is delivering my food.

Another 30 minutes goes by. I call again. They tell me the driver can't find my apartment because I did not provide a building number. I tell them WTF. Can he read? I'm in apartment 110. It's in building 210 but you didn't need that info because it's right on the huge #%^$#!ing sign on every corner of every parking lot. Finally dude shows up, I give him a 7 dollar tip, tell him he didn't deserve it and he should learn how to read. He looks at me like I kicked his dog and I laugh all the way into my apartment.

On the receiving end of that. I left for a delivery at my last job and was instructed by my 19 year old "boss" that I had to deliver the furthest address first because the orderer is a real a-hole but a regular customer. Meanwhile, he was #%^$#!ing around not preparing the food in a timely manner, making me later and later for my deliveries. When I finally leave with my 2 deliveries, it's been 40 minutes since the customers had ordered. So after traveling for 25 minutes to deliver my first delivery and get to my second location, dude who ordered his food is getting it over an hour after he placed his order. Which is all fine and dandy but my "boss" had taken his angry phone call 15 minutes prior asking where his food was. My "boss" told him it was on the way, problem was he lived 30 seconds from the pizza joint. So for 15 minutes this dude is stewing about how the #%^$#! is it taking his food this long to travel a few hundred yards. Guy answers the door mumbling under his breathe about how long it took. I respond with a "I just deliver the food, I don't know what takes them so long to make it" quip and he gives me a dollar 40 something for my troubles.

So let me get this straight, you were 19 or 20, drunk, and you beat up a delivery guy? Those must be some horrible cops if you didn't get arrested.

Nah, i didn't say it was horrible. Them threatening me and saying what type of trouble i could get and me arguing like an idiot just made it interesting. But my over 21 year old friends talked to them more. They never checked my id or asked my age. So honestly they didn't even know i was under. Cooler heads prevailed though, i didn't get in trouble and now settle for Marks.

Nah, i didn't say it was horrible. Them threatening me and saying what type of trouble i could get and me arguing like an idiot just made it interesting. But my over 21 year old friends talked to them more. They never checked my id or asked my age. So honestly they didn't even know i was under. Cooler heads prevailed though, i didn't get in trouble and now settle for Marks.

Thankfully we don't deliver past 441.

pontillo's in penfield

No commentary on the delivery or your story, just a mini hijack.

My mother-in-law lives right around the corner from there. We always order from that Pontillo's (on Penfield Road) when we visit. Love their food, and the wife is taking Hunter to Penfield to see Grandma later this week, and the missus is bringing back Pontillo's back for me. I can't wait.

Come on. People change. It was a one-time incident. I do tip well. If it's pizza or restaurant.

I forgot the :thumbsup: , :D , or :lol: . Just kidding man.

Although I am fearful I am going to deliver to one of my high school classmates. That would be more than embarassing.

Archived