Defensive Position rankings Buf News

stenbaro

I read the Buffalo Snooze and they said the top six look like:

The top six seem to be a lock (unless someone really falls out of favor and necessitates a trade): Jaroslav Spacek, Henrik Tallinder, Toni Lydman, Craig Rivet, Teppo Numminen and Andrej Sekera. That leaves Mike Weber and Nathan Paetsch to compete for the final slot.

Buf News

I would much rather see Teppo as the 7th and Weber in the top 6..I knew when they signed him this crap would happen...On the brighter side, Teppo cant play forever..At some point he will have to go..

I read the Buffalo Snooze and they said the top six look like:

The top six seem to be a lock (unless someone really falls out of favor and necessitates a trade): Jaroslav Spacek, Henrik Tallinder, Toni Lydman, Craig Rivet, Teppo Numminen and Andrej Sekera. That leaves Mike Weber and Nathan Paetsch to compete for the final slot.

Buf News

I would much rather see Teppo as the 7th and Weber in the top 6..I knew when they signed him this crap would happen...On the brighter side, Teppo cant play forever..At some point he will have to go..

Does it really matter though? Injuries will happen soon enough, and you'll see Weber back up there with the big boys. If he repeats last year's performance, then it'll be the last time he gets sent back down to the minors.

Does it really matter though? Injuries will happen soon enough, and you'll see Weber back up there with the big boys. If he repeats last year's performance, then it'll be the last time he gets sent back down to the minors.

Yep..Your right..Leave it to me to discount the obvious..lol

The only redeeming thing about this is that the Sabres brittle D will force Weber into the lineup sooner rather than later.

And since those injuries will happen, you can't risk losing an NHL caliber defensman (even if he's a 7th d-man at best) early in the season. If you try to send Paetsch down and he's claimed, you're stuck calling up the huge question marks like Funk, Gragnani, or Butler when Tallinder eventually rebreaks that arm again.

Archived