Habs outdoor game possible

nobody

This just leaked out early this week and it's made some big news this week. I'm shocked this has been leaked.

A missing part of this article is, they are changing the roof on the Olympic Stadium. They will start the work late next year so it's a perfect plan to remove the roof, play the game, then build a new roof. I read an article i think NY Post or something that said if it's true that the game is December 4th (even though he dismissed it, i still think it could be) that the NHL may try to play 2 outdoor games next year. With New York the leader for the New Years Eve outdoor classic.

Not for nothing, but i hope Sabres get to play in one of these again. lol

NHL XM Radio was reporting that it was going to be this upcoming season to coincide with their 100 yr anniversary thing and they'd play the Rangers. Not saying its true, but thats what those guys were talking about on XM yesterday. MTL gets the ALL-STAR Game, The Draft, and now another outdoor game.... gheesh!!

Well, 20+ Cups will do that for you. We're just waiting for 1, dammit!!

NHL XM Radio was reporting that it was going to be this upcoming season to coincide with their 100 yr anniversary thing and they'd play the Rangers. Not saying its true, but thats what those guys were talking about on XM yesterday. MTL gets the ALL-STAR Game, The Draft, and now another outdoor game.... gheesh!!

Well, 20+ Cups will do that for you. We're just waiting for 1, dammit!!

Granted, it's the first NHL club to hit the 100 year mark, and it should be celebrated, but NHL needs to watch out IMO because if they go over board with Montreal's 100 year mark, i think they gotta keep it fair and give other teams props too and from 2017-2026 the other 5 teams will be hitting their 100 year mark.

Boy, the NHL is really going to beat this "outdoor game" event to death, aren't they? How long until every team has an outdoor game on their schedule? Maybe the season opener, + the All-Star game and Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals? <_<

I'd have to think a Montreal outdoor game would include Toronto. The Leafs have like 10 million fans and yet to play in an outdoor classic game. My guess they'd play in Montreal.

Screw the loafs. The Habs consider the Bruins their top rival, but we defintiely hold special consideration.

They should screw the loafs, but they will give the "hockey history excuse" that the league is looking for.

Boy, the NHL is really going to beat this "outdoor game" event to death, aren't they? How long until every team has an outdoor game on their schedule? Maybe the season opener, + the All-Star game and Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals? <_<

I really think every time one of these games happen it's not going to reach the magic of the Ralph and that day. It was too perfect.

I really think every time one of these games happen it's not going to reach the magic of the Ralph and that day. It was too perfect.

Agreed.

What's going to happen the first time they fail to sell out one of these games? When the cameras pan the crowd and find a couple thousand empty seats? What kind of spin will Gary Bettman pull out his azz then?

^^ Agreed.

What happened last new years at the Ralph i don't think will be reached anywhere else. From the anthems, to the game, to the atmosphere, it was all amazing.

"There comes a time, when all the cosmic tumblers have clicked into place, and the universe opens itself up for a few seconds to show you what's possible."

Archived