Pirates announce head coach

wildcat48

Welcome Kevin Dineen to the family!

Hopefully he can develop some toughness from some of these guys. One player i really want to see how he does under Dineen is Dylan Hunter. The guy doesn't have the most skill but when he does play tough, he plays well. He plays 120% each night, great defensive player, wins faceoffs and has a huge heart. He reminds me of a Paul Gaustad. When Goose played in the Amerks, he wasn't much of anything either. If Dineen can teach Hunter to use his size more often and make him a stronger player, Hunter will be in the NHL.

I just hope they get Dineen on board with Ruff's philosophy and system so when we bring kids up it is seamless, that is one thing we didn't have to worry about when we had Cunney in Roch. I'm sure they have worked all that out and it will be good. just sayin'...

Sabres hire Dineen to coach Pirates

Portland, ME ? Maybe it was the lobster or the ocean views, but as reported first on MVN.com, the Portland Pirates will have a familiar look behind the bench this season as the Buffalo Sabres have hired Kevin Dineen as their new head coach for their minor league affiliate in Portland for at least the next two year?s.

Link>>>>

Archived