Eklund named USA Hockey Internet Writer of the Year

frisky

So, on Friday, I was driving home and listening to 204 on XM and they had Eklund on. At the end, the mentioned that he had been named internet writer of the year by USA Hockey. How did that happen? They couldn't think of anyone....anyone....that was more deserving? The guy probably is right (or write...haha) not even like 1% of the time. But, he does make up a lot of interesting rumors and such. So, if by writer, they are saying as in fiction then perhaps so. Just thought it deserved wasting people's time with this nonsense.

And, as an offseason comment that has notihing to do with the above or anything else, I was watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and he was at the Anchor Bar. Does Bobby ever win any of these? I'm still a Duff's guy though.

So, on Friday, I was driving home and listening to 204 on XM and they had Eklund on. At the end, the mentioned that he had been named internet writer of the year by USA Hockey. How did that happen? They couldn't think of anyone....anyone....that was more deserving? The guy probably is right (or write...haha) not even like 1% of the time. But, he does make up a lot of interesting rumors and such. So, if by writer, they are saying as in fiction then perhaps so. Just thought it deserved wasting people's time with this nonsense.

And, as an offseason comment that has notihing to do with the above or anything else, I was watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and he was at the Anchor Bar. Does Bobby ever win any of these? I'm still a Duff's guy though.

As I understand it, it's someone's opinion, not something he or she was named. Eklund quotes USA Hockey as saying, "Eklund, The Anonymous Hockey Blogger, is the number one NHL blogger on the Internet..."

Woop-de-freakin'-do.

As I understand it, it's someone's opinion, not something he or she was named. Eklund quotes USA Hockey as saying, "Eklund, The Anonymous Hockey Blogger, is the number one NHL blogger on the Internet..."

Woop-de-freakin'-do.

Exactly.

Just what kind of criteria could they have possibly used to give this guy any sort of legitimacy?

He may have a legal means of employment, but most of us here would not consider what he does as a real job. If he were to become something like a truck driver, an accountant, an economist, or even a pastor, then he and I can talk. But this blogging business and speculating on who goes where is about as much of a sham as Robert "The Joker" Tilton.

That's not to slam blogging in particular, FYI. Just displaying my annoyance at his worthless ruminations as a whole.

Archived