Questions on seating at HSBC

Barnabov

Need some help from those more familiar with seating...

We're looking at getting some tickets for games this year & my wife wants to sit in Club level again so she can drink something besides beer (no - I don't understand why).

I see on the season ticket prices using the 3-D chart that Club seats are pricier than those lower down. Is that just so you have access to the bar?

My question is, can you get to the Club area if your tickets aren't there?

Thanks to anyone who can let me know more about this - I'd rather be closer to the ice & cheaper price but have to keep the better half happy so she'll keep going to games.

We're looking at getting some tickets for games this year & my wife wants to sit in Club level again so she can drink something besides beer (no - I don't understand why).

I see on the season ticket prices using the 3-D chart that Club seats are pricier than those lower down. Is that just so you have access to the bar?

Thanks to anyone who can let me know more about this - I'd rather be closer to the ice & cheaper price but have to keep the better half happy so she'll keep going to games.

I'm pretty sure you can't get to the 200's w/out tix.

That said, why not sit in the 100's and get your wife a wine/cocktail at Headliners and bring it back?

I have sat in both club level seats and I presently have seats in the lower bowl about twenty rows up. The Club Level seats are great because of the parking ramp and the 200 level harbor club. For twenty dollars per game less, I prefer the 100 level seats and because I have 100 level harbor club membership and are thirty seconds from the entrance, my wife can drink whatever she wants. I do miss the parking ramp however.

Also, you can get up to the 200 level harbor club only after the game without club seats.

Finally, I have about ten games left to sell if you are just looking for a few games and I can give you the passes for the 100 level harbor club for those games if you are interested.

I'm pretty sure you can't get to the 200's w/out tix.

That said, why not sit in the 100's and get your wife a wine/cocktail at Headliners and bring it back?

I second that suggestion. The wine they sell on the 100 level isn't that bad at all.

I thought they sold bottles of wine coolers + things like Mike's Hard Lemonade? On the 300 level there is a concession stand with only bottles of stuff that they pour into a cup for you. I thought they had fruity stuff...not positive.

Here are some tricks for the 200 level.

1) Get Studio 200 tickets....if you have season tickets you can upgrade a few weeks before the game for season ticket prices. If you are just buying single game tickets, the value games make these $70 each and are worth it. It is like a poor man's suite. 3 tables of 4 people blocked off and behind the net. You get waitress service, can stand, sit, jump...do whatever you want without being in anyone's way. Can run to the bathroom and back in 2 minutes....good stuff.

2) Get to the arena EARLY and sneak up the stairs to the 200 level, or try an elevator. Grab a table at the bar and you just may be able to claim it for the game. I don't know if they check tickets, but you at least have access.

3) Go into the stairwell and wait for someone to open a door, then sneak in. Pretty much if you act like you belong somewhere, nobody questions you.

I loved the old days when I was a kid at the Aud and I knew one of the producers in the TV truck. If there were no cheap tickets to scalp, we'd watch the first period in the truck, then sometime between the 2nd and 3rd there was a door unlocked to the Aud that the guard would leave unattended. We'd make a move then try and find a few lower golds open, or just watch from the hallway. Those were the best.

Anyone ever catch a fight down there with the 2 lockers separated by a rollaway gate?

Thanks for the suggestions - think we'll go with the Headliners option (or is it Headlines like the official web site says) and see what we can find for tickets.

Since we don't get to many games and the kiddos don't seem to get into it as much if we're high up, we'll try to find something lower down. We sat high up in Phoenix when the Sabres were there last year & it was scary - thought one of our little monkeys was going to stand up on the seat back & next stop would be on the ice.

Having to fly in from Texas, it's hard to pickup single game tickets at the last minute (all they had lower down were Club level the one time) and with the growing family, we need to find more seats together. It will be the first Sabres game for our two daughters - their brother went when he was little and Rayzor was super nice to pose with us for the attached photo.

Anyway, appreciate the advice & see you all at HSBC in a few months!

post-86-1216827882_thumbjpg

Archived