[OT] Sketching the White Buffalo

carpandean

It seems like a slow day around here, so I thought I'd post a quick sketch that I made while messing with my new tablet PC. I just bought a new HP TX2500Z and wanted to test the pen in MS Paint. What better to draw than a white buffalo? Here it is:

post-1053-1215919425_thumbjpg

It turned out all right for a quick draving, but I need a better paint program.

By the way, I'm writing all this by hand. The handwriting software is really good.

It seems like a slow day around here, so I thought I'd post a quick sketch that I made while messing with my new tablet PC. I just bought a new HP TX2500Z and wanted to test the pen in MS Paint. What better to draw than a white buffalo? Here it is:

post-1053-1215919425_thumbjpg

By the way, I'm writing all this by hand. The handwriting software is really good.

That is actually pretty sweet. If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to put that together?

That is actually pretty sweet. If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to put that together?

Thanks. I was watching the TV while doing it, so I can't say exactly, but maybe 15 minutes. I sketched the outline in black, then played around with trying to shade in various grays. I really want something that blends the color more like real paints would.

wjag - maybe I should draw a white buffalo chasing a white whale.

Thanks. I was watching the TV while doing it, so I can't say exactly, but maybe 15 minutes. I sketched the outline in black, then played around with trying to shade in various grays. I really want something that blends the color more like real paints would.

wjag - maybe I should draw a white buffalo chasing a white whale.

That would sum it up, don't yah think?

My daughter, who has been using tablets for a few years now, recommends either Corel Painter Essentials 4 or Open Canvas 4.

BTW, I meant to ask if you were copying this painting:

White Buffalo by Pam McCabe

Yup, I had that one up on my other laptop while I was sketching this out. Initially, I was going to try to make a logo based off of it, but I decided just to sketch it out to see what I could do in MS Paint. Probably should have listed it in the credits. ;)

Archived