Stanley Cup Finals, 2006, The Sabres are in....

Rabbit151

It's another miracle season not unlike the run of 99 thwarted by the infamous no-goal. Since the Sabres destiny is never to win a cup, how does the NHL screw us out of the cup this time?

The most obvious choice: At a critical juncture, perhaps the Game 6 OT again, the opposing goalie skates a foot out of the trapezoid and fires a pass all the way to the Sabres blue-line to a cherry picker who scores the cup winner on a breakaway.

The Sabres got caught napping because he was so clearly out of the trapezoid, they stop skating and wait for the penalty call. No call comes, the goal is scored and yet another team celebrates a Stanley Cup on the Sabres turf.

After the game, the NHL declares the trapezoid rule was no good and that a secret document banishing that rule was in posession of Sabres management all along.

What do you think? Any other ways to screw the Sabres anyone can think of? Since we're all getting excited about a play-off run, why not prepare for the inevitable conclusion?

Tell you what Eleven I'll post by by real name if you do. Let's also include our addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers and social security card numbers. No more hiding behind a fake name like "Eleven". Deal?

Tell you what Eleven I'll post by by real name if you do. Let's also include our addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers and social security card numbers. No more hiding behind a fake name like "Eleven". Deal?

Believe me, I don't need your credit card numbers. But what is this "paranoia" you speak of?

EDIT: On second thought, don't bother; I'm done here.

ya know you could just register with the name 'guest' all that we ask is that you register... don't have to devulge any top secret information... looks like paranoia really did get the better of this thread :lol:

Sabers - thanks for the invite, but no thanks. I refuse to join the fraternity at Whining Central (TBD) and won't do it here either. I've followed both the Bills and Sabres since their inception into their respective leagues. Never thought I would say this but reading the posts on TBD has done much to turn me off to Buffalo sports. The whining, the moaning, the small market conspiracies the e-mails to national sportwriters who don't give Buffalo "homer" status ... sadly classless.

Good luck to your Sabres. Hopefully they can go all the way this year, no slumps, no bad calls, nothing to incite a riot like like across the street.

Sabers - thanks for the invite, but no thanks. I refuse to join the fraternity at Whining Central (TBD) and won't do it here either. I've followed both the Bills and Sabres since their inception into their respective leagues. Never thought I would say this but reading the posts on TBD has done much to turn me off to Buffalo sports. The whining, the moaning, the small market conspiracies the e-mails to national sportwriters who don't give Buffalo "homer" status ... sadly classless.

Good luck to your Sabres. Hopefully they can go all the way this year, no slumps, no bad calls, nothing to incite a riot like like across the street.

I have the same problem with TBD. Hopefully there's not so much of it here.

Archived