Spacho Being Shopped?

BamBam

OTTAWA SUN: Don Brennan reports Senators GM Bryan Murray is shopping for a veteran defenseman and is believed trying to land Anaheim's Mathieu Schneider, although Brennan feels he's past his "best before" date. "Other available options being quietly shopped, according to one assistant GM, include the hard-shooting Sheldon Souray (although the local TV stations would have to stop running that jewelry store commercial in which the former Hab is undressed by Jason Spezza, right?), Philippe Boucher, Kevin Bieksa, Mike Van Ryn, Trevor Daley, Adrian Aucoin, Filip Kuba, Tom Poti, Jaroslav Spacek and Cam Barker", writes Brennan, who also suggests if Murray talks trade with Carolina to try to land forward Tuomo Ruutu.

Spacho Mentioned In Ottawa Paper

BamBam's Take- I can't see DR trading Spacho to the Sens of all places. I wonder how the writer of the story uncovered this bit of news.

Why would we shop Spacek? We'd just open up another hole on the defense. That writer of the article makes no sense.

Spacek rebounded last year so the organization can't be unhappy with his play.

I don't think it's a matter of being unhappy. If Fisher is on the table and the cost is Spacek, i am jumping on that.

He isn't a flashy player but he's one of those two way centers that your team needs to succeed.

Why would we shop Spacek? We'd just open up another hole on the defense. That writer of the article makes no sense.

Spacek rebounded last year so the organization can't be unhappy with his play.

Thee may be more on the table to be had, maybe a several team trade possibility. I really think Darcy isn't finished. Darcy is patient , almost to a fault. We shall see if this is an all smoke rumor or not, perhaps there is a bit a fire underneath?!?! If he can make us better it can be an option.

I don't think it's a matter of being unhappy. If Fisher is on the table and the cost is Spacek, i am jumping on that.

He isn't a flashy player but he's one of those two way centers that your team needs to succeed.

I like Fisher as well. Still the move would and wouldn't make sense at the same time. I agree we need another Center. I'd bet Connolly misses significant time again. Once that happens our team will struggle at center. That part of it makes sense. The part that doesn't make sense is Darcy trying to upgrade the D. Dumping Spacho doesn't upgrade the D, unless Darcy really has something up his sleeve to accomplish both needs. I don't think he does though and I call BS on us shopping Spacek.

Thee may be more on the table to be had, maybe a several team trade possibility. I really think Darcy isn't finished. Darcy is patient , almost to a fault. We shall see if this is an all smoke rumor or not, perhaps there is a bit a fire underneath?!?! If he can make us better it can be an option.

I don't think Darcy is done either but I don't seem him moving Spacek. Although Mike Harrington blogged on the Buffalo News on July 4th that Darcy told him that they were talking with Teppo about signing. Still I don't see him moving Spacek. If Darcy moved Spacek then he's comfortable with one of Paetsch, Sekera or Weber seeing significant time.

I don't think Darcy is done either but I don't seem him moving Spacek. Although Mike Harrington blogged on the Buffalo News on July 4th that Darcy told him that they were talking with Teppo about signing. Still I don't see him moving Spacek. If Darcy moved Spacek then he's comfortable with one of Paetsch, Sekera or Weber seeing significant time.

Spachek, i like him, but I think Fisher is more important than him.

With Rivet anchoring the D i don't mind having sekera and weber up. Especially if we resign Teppo.

Lydman --- Tallinder

Rivet --- Weber

Numminen --- Sekera

Paestch

If that gets us Fisher... i'm all for it.

Spachek, i like him, but I think Fisher is more important than him.

With Rivet anchoring the D i don't mind having sekera and weber up. Especially if we resign Teppo.

Lydman --- Tallinder

Rivet --- Weber

Numminen --- Sekera

Paestch

I don't like the idea of Weber and Sekera up with the Sabres full time. They are young and need to have more AHL experience. Weber is only a second year pro this season.

Spacek ain't going anywhere. Unless Bouwmeester is coming here then MAYBE. People must be crazy if they think we are dealing Spacek in a deal to "improve" the roster.

I guess I'm crazy. Sorry I don't have the in depth insight into the NHL as you but hey what the hell. Have a nice day.

Fisher is going nowhere. He's slightly overpaid and really should be one of the best third line centers in the league, but he is somewhat average for a 2nd line center.

Actually for the first time in ages, Ottawa looks thin at forward.

I guess I'm crazy. Sorry I don't have the in depth insight into the NHL as you but hey what the hell. Have a nice day.

No, it just doesn't make sense. The only teams who are in need of a player such as Spacek, are teams near of a playoff run/title contenders and those teams wouldn't even come near the offer we'd be looking for.

If the Sabres do trade Spacek, it just means we are officially re-building.

No, it just doesn't make sense. The only teams who are in need of a player such as Spacek, are teams near of a playoff run/title contenders and those teams wouldn't even come near the offer we'd be looking for.

If the Sabres do trade Spacek, it just means we are officially re-building.

lol what the hell, what are you talking about.

spacek does not make or break a team.

lol.

lol what the hell, what are you talking about.

spacek does not make or break a team.

lol.

He was maybe our best d-men last year.... not only with the puck, but he actually hit people.

What in return would you expect anyways? I want to hear this...

Last year Spacek had a better year than his first season in Buffalo, and he does bring a lot of things to the table that Tallinder, Lydman, etc. don't. However he is NOT one of the few untouchables on this roster. If the right deal comes along Jaro will be packing his bags, especially if it is part of a bigger plan (i.e., deal Spacek for a center and then acquire another defenseman for a prospect/pick.)

He was maybe our best d-men last year.... not only with the puck, but he actually hit people.

What in return would you expect anyways? I want to hear this...

I already said if Fisher was offered straight up for Spacek i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Last year Spacek had a better year than his first season in Buffalo, and he does bring a lot of things to the table that Tallinder, Lydman, etc. don't. However he is NOT one of the few untouchables on this roster. If the right deal comes along Jaro will be packing his bags, especially if it is part of a bigger plan (i.e., deal Spacek for a center and then acquire another defenseman for a prospect/pick.)

I agree with that. The thing about Jaro is that he looks amazing some games, and disappears the next. If he played every game like he did in the Philadelphia game last year (where he crushed that rat Briere and another Flyer), he'd be a Norris Trohy candidate, but I'd rather they got rid of Lydman and kept Spacek, assuming anyone actually wanted him.

Not that I believe in any of this hog wash, but if that was the offer I'd do it in a second. Wouldn't even think twice.

Exactly, and that's what i was saying.... however, the only teams that would have interest in Spacek are contenders/playoff teams, and their package would be nothing more then what we got for Campbell (youth player who's on the road of being a bust + pick).... and that is NOT a trade Buffalo would do right now. It would send the message of re-building to the fans/team and that would be suicide. So, knowing the return that he would bring in, i'd say he's pretty much close to an untouchable as nobody will offer "the right deal" for him. We won't get his valued price because a team who's getting him won't want to give up too much on their way to contending.

This time last year, Spacek was in the same boat as Afinogenov. 80% would have let him walked for nothing.

Archived