Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Will San Jose stave off elimination, or will Dallas finish off the sweep? Can Montreal and Carey Price get it together and draw even with Philly, or will Marty and the Flyers take the series back to Montreal, looking to put the Habs away?

Wednesday's Games:

Montreal at Philadelphia, Game 4 (Philly leads 2-1); 7 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

San Jose at Dallas, Game 4 (Dallas leads 3-0); 9 p.m. ET, Versus - (preview not yet available)

So the playoffs are already a downer because the Sabres are not in them. :thumbdown: To make matters

worse, 3 of the 4 series are 3-0. Talk about a letdown in the second round. At this point I want Montreal to

win today just so one of the series is interesting.

I'm with ya. There aren't any teams I really like left in it, and even worse, the series are so one-sided I'm not even enjoying watching them. Especially the Colorado series, where it seems like they just get down too early and then they come back but they just don't quite have enough. I'm sick of Detroit, Dallas, Philadelphia it's the same teams over and over. It enrages me more that Philly rebounded so quickly from what turned out to be only one bad year. They're right back where they were. Ugh.

The only team I remotely like is Pittsburgh, just because of their style and the fact that Malkin is turning into my 3rd favorite player to watch (behind Ovechkin and Iginla).

For what it's worth, I don't believe for 1 second that the Montreal-Philly series is even remotely close to being over.

Montreal still has an outstanding PP and the Phylers seem to take the occasional dumb penalty (see: Derian Hatcher in Game 3). Kovalev is all over the ice and Koivu is heating up.

The big thing in Philly's favor right now is Marty Biron - he's in the classic "hot goalie" category right now.

I agree that the Phil-Mont seires is far from over, it's just sad that it's the only series in limbo really. I would have said outside of Colorado I wanted Montreal to win it all. Then they booed the anthem and that just made me angry :censored: . So unless the Avs make a remarkable comeback (unllikely) I am stuck rooting for Pittsburgh. I just want to see some good series though, and so far they are not delivering in this round.

Wow! Does Marty look good.

Judging by all the avitars, I'm guessing that everyone is putting their little ones to bed, because it sure gets quiet on here at this time of night.

I've been trying to get some work done and have had the Cavs' playoff game on in the background...also been checking in on the Tribe-Mariners game.

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of all the pushing and shoving and sticks to the face after the whistle blows, every time a goalie holds the puck. Its bad enough that every time there is a big hit, there has to be a fight. I thought hitting was a part of the game. But these srums are just a waste of time.

Guys still think Montreal has a chance in this series? Umberger gets a soft goal after Montreal has some crazy pressure shorthanded. Philly is getting all the breaks and Biron is just playing amazing.

Guys still think Montreal has a chance in this series? Umberger gets a soft goal after Montreal has some crazy pressure shorthanded. Philly is getting all the breaks and Biron is just playing amazing.

They absolutely do. It's only a one goal game and a one game lead. Marty is playing great, though.

They absolutely do. It's only a one goal game and a one game lead. Marty is playing great, though.

Agreed...I concur that Marty is standing on his head, but one bounce that goes the Habs way and we have a game again. They're doing everything right but scoring and if they can get just one past Marty, it might open the floodgates.

If Philly goes up 2-0, though, it might be 3-1 going back to Montreal.

As well as Marty has played (and he is as locked in as ever right now) the Flyers have done a very good job of limiting Montreal's hi-quality scoring ops and rebounds/second chances, and have done a great job against the Habs' PP.

MTL-PHI thoughts

* Kovalev needs to rev it up for Game 5 - I hardly noticed him at all tonight

* Nice pass by Briere on the Umberger goal (the good 'ole cross-ice saucer pass), but he made a bad giveaway shortly before MTL's (second?) goal ... he had control of the puck down low in the offensive zone and just passed it to a Hab

* Kapanen for PHI impressed me on a few shifts with his hustle and energy.

Archived