Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

A little late, but...

Today's games:

Nashville at Detroit, Game 2, 2 p.m., NBC

Boston at Montreal, Game 2, 7 p.m., Versus

Dallas at Anaheim, Game 2, 10 p.m., Versus

Scoreboard Link

Right now Detroit leads the Preds 4-2 with about 5 1/2 to go in the 3rd period.

I'm going to the Lake Erie Monsters' home finale tonight, so I'll miss the Boston-Montreal game, but should be back to catch the Stars-Ducks.

"He's not coming"

Ahh come on!

"It's Saturday"

Real good Steve, real good.

:lol:

I think we're the only two posting now... :unsure:

Either way - big win by Detroit, and they're now one step closer to knocking out those punks & thugs from Nashville...

Boston - Montreal should be pretty sweet... As I said in another thread, I would be OK with the Canadians going all the way. I have nothing against them and it's good to see a Canadian team at the end.

And if the Ducks have any chance of repeating or even making some noise in the playoffs (something no SC champ has done the following year since 2002), they need to win this game. Game 2 usually isn't a must win game, but this series is probably the most even series in the playoff. The Stars in game one found the weakness of the Ducks, lack of discipline, and took advantage. Will the Ducks be that undisciplined again? Probably not so that will make the game more interesting...

So Dallas takes a surprising 2-0 lead after a 5-2 win; Montreal goes up 2-0 on the strength of their 3-2 victory, and Detroit goes up 2-0 after a 4-2 victory.

Some good games Sunday - Philly-Washington, NYR-NJ, Montreal-Boston and San Jose-Calgary.

Archived