John Vogl's column

tom webster

I know some of you will dismiss his anonymous quotes, but I thought it was a pretty balanced article with some interesting quotes.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/319801.html

AS far as Vogl you have to give him his anonymous quotes today, it would be another matter

if it was an everything thing for him....but he generally doesn't overstate. I actually think he is right on about Teppo's settling presence. Anyone remember game 1 in the playoffs against Philly two years ago when Lydman had the yips - so we knew he wasn't that person, and maybe Campbell was never that guy either. (relax everybody all I'm suggesting is a guy with skills to spinorama doesn't necessarily settle things down to control the pace).

I actually think it is quite a hopeful piece all things considered.

Curious situation for the players that are on the team....maybe they have the sense that

management trusted them too much?

AS far as Vogl you have to give him his anonymous quotes today, it would be another matter

if it was an everything thing for him....but he generally doesn't overstate. I actually think he is right on about Teppo's settling presence. Anyone remember game 1 in the playoffs against Philly two years ago when Lydman had the yips - so we knew he wasn't that person, and maybe Campbell was never that guy either. (relax everybody all I'm suggesting is a guy with skills to spinorama doesn't necessarily settle things down to control the pace).

I actually think it is quite a hopeful piece all things considered.

Curious situation for the players that are on the team....maybe they have the sense that

management trusted them too much?

I think it is a well balanced article. Allowing the anonymous sources to be fact it tells it like it is and appears that they have a chance to redeem themselves with the players they still have with how they handle this off-season.... Very hopeful indeed..

Provided that his quotes from anaonymous players is accurate (as perhaps opposed to fabricated), then at least we get an idea of what the truer feelings of the troops is.

This article really sums it all up for me....the players (and likely Lindy for that matter) were ticked off with the front office for everything that happened off the ice and they probably let some of that slip to the on-ice production.

That said, I agree that there are some positives out of this article - the players learned an awful lot this season and hopefully, the FO learned just as much. To me, this off-season will be very telling for the immediate future of this franchise.

This article really sums it all up for me....the players (and likely Lindy for that matter) were ticked off with the front office for everything that happened off the ice and they probably let some of that slip to the on-ice production.

That said, I agree that there are some positives out of this article - the players learned an awful lot this season and hopefully, the FO learned just as much. To me, this off-season will be very telling for the immediate future of this franchise.

The most hopeful thing would be if Teppo is back to his old form next year. Even if he can't play a full 82-game schedule, just having him with the team would be huge.

Archived