This Day in Sabres History :: February 19

PASabreFan

February 19, 1972

Rookie winger Rick Martin beats Toronto goalie Jacques Plante from the top of the left faceoff circle for his 39th goal of the season. Martin's goal breaks Gilbert Perreault's record for most goals in a season by a rookie set the previous year. But it's the team's only score in a 4-1 loss at Maple Leaf Gardens as the Sabres' disappointing sophomore season continues.

February 19, 1981

In a 5-2 loss to the Habs at the Montreal Forum, the Sabres are held shotless in a period for the first time in franchise history. It will be 18 years before it happens again.

Just because I need a Sabres fix and news is really slow, I will state for the group that Rico was my favorite Sabre when I was a kid. My favorites now are Connolly and Miller.

I'd be interested in hearing who others' favorites are, both past and present.

Go Sabres.

Drury, Roy and Brier are my favs now, but there are a whole bunch in scond place. And really, I can't think of anyone on the team I just flat out do not like.

Just because I need a Sabres fix and news is really slow, I will state for the group that Rico was my favorite Sabre when I was a kid. My favorites now are Connolly and Miller.

I'd be interested in hearing who others' favorites are, both past and present.

Go Sabres.

Perreault is obviously my all-time favorite Sabre, but they tell me when I was really young I loved Rene Robert ... as I got older I also always appreciated guys like Gare and Foligno who had a mean streak but could also score.

I know he turned out to be a jerk but I loved Barrasso when he first came up ... i still wonder how many others would turn into jerks if they were put in his position at 18 years old.

I know he turned out to be a jerk but I loved Barrasso when he first came up ... i still wonder how many others would turn into jerks if they were put in his position at 18 years old.

what did he do to make him a jerk? I don't remember hearing anything other than typical abrasive-goalie stuff, but I could be wrong.