Canada vs. Switzerland

Corp000085

I'm at work. Is there somewhere I can get the audio streaming?

here's a live updating boxscore. That's the best i can do

http://www.nbcolympics.com/results/1501469/detail.html

It looks like canada scored on the swiss. Gerber caught the puck with his catching glove and it looked like it went behind the crossbar, but it was very close. They're still reviewing the goal as of right now. Damn, this is a long review. It's been going on for almost 5 minutes. I'll just keep this thread open till there's a call.

Ok, 2 minutes later and they're going to a friggin commercial break. Great Job NBC!!! Another stellar olympic TV coverage decision.

OK, back from 1/2 of 1 commercial.

No goal.

That my friends was the ultimate screwjob. The puck was clearly in gerber's glove, and gerber's glove was definitely in the net. I guess it wasn't "conclusive". I can't stand team canada, however, i feel for them. they got absolutely robbed.

still 2-0

By the way, this thread took 9 minutes to complete.

Team USA should take notice and see what happens when you have a goalie that can steal a game and pump his teammates up.

Too bad that goalie for Team USA is somewhere in Michigan right now.

While i'm as bitter as you about miller getting screwed, i believe that this will be the single best thing that will happen to the sabres between now and 16W (if you know what i'm talking about)

Wow, I'm shocked how good some of these Swiss players are. They're all poor-man versions of Daniel Briere- like players. Most of them are flat out skating the Canadians.

Some of these guys might land an NHL job before this season is over. Then again the Swiss Hockey League is pays very well.

This game just shows how good NHL goalies are ... even with all the PPs, bigger surface, you name it, if a guy gets hot he can pitch a shutout ... (the goal that should have counted notwithstanding) ... 22-1 shots in the THIRD PERIOD in this game as I type this ... Canada is NOT playing poorly.

maybe they can play USA for the bronze medal. "The Cocky Cup Championship"

I don't think this year's USA squad is overconfident, nor are we as fans--I don't know too many who expect the USA to medal, and although the team members would never say so, I'll bet they're not feeling assured of a medal either.

Archived