OT- Final Four

Team Strike Force

I just watched W. Kentucky beat Drake on a last second shot in OT. A very entertaining second half. However, I had Drake, inexplicably going to the elite 8.

My Final Four is Georgetown, UNC, Texas, and Duke, with Georgetown winning it all.

I rooted hard for Belmont last night, even though it would have destroyed that quarter of my bracket.

Anyone else get into this stuff?

My picks:

UNC, Kansas, Texas, UCLA

Kansas over UCLA in the finals

Pretty lame I know but I have no confidence in G-Town or Duke. Texas is the only #2 seed I see doing much, mainly because they'll have home court advantage the final 2 rounds. I usually go with a sleeper 3 or 4 seed but this year I see a much bigger gap between the elites and the rest.

My picks:

UNC, Kansas, Texas, UCLA

Kansas over UCLA in the finals

Pretty lame I know but I have no confidence in G-Town or Duke. Texas is the only #2 seed I see doing much, mainly because they'll have home court advantage the final 2 rounds. I usually go with a sleeper 3 or 4 seed but this year I see a much bigger gap between the elites and the rest.

I don't have much confidence in Duke, either, but I thought that the West bracket was pretty weak, and I think the Pac 10 has had a down year.

I seems like a very even tournament this year. I mean, when Tennessee plays Memphis for the number one ranking near the end of February, you know it's an unusual basketball season. Any one of the top 8 has a legitimate shot at it.

I don't have much confidence in Duke, either, but I thought that the West bracket was pretty weak, and I think the Pac 10 has had a down year.

I seems like a very even tournament this year. I mean, when Tennessee plays Memphis for the number one ranking near the end of February, you know it's an unusual basketball season. Any one of the top 8 has a legitimate shot at it.

Talk to anyone from the Pac 10 area and they'll tell you they were the best conference this year, which I find funny. I'd agree the West is pretty weak, but that doesn't take much away from UCLA... I think they'll mop the floor with anyone they play until they reach the final 4.

I threw a bracket together about 15 minutes before the tourney started, with very limited knowledge of the teams in the tourney. I've done OK in the East and Midwest but the South bracket is killing me.

One of the more bizarre facts from this years tourney(yesterdays Buffalo News)...

Did you know? San Diego forward Rob Jones is the grandson of Jim Jones, who led the Jonestown cult where more than 900 people committed mass suicide in Guyana in 1978.

One of the more bizarre facts from this years tourney(yesterdays Buffalo News)...

Did you know? San Diego forward Rob Jones is the grandson of Jim Jones, who led the Jonestown cult where more than 900 people committed mass suicide in Guyana in 1978.

Now we know who spiked the Gatorade on the UConn bench today.

Seriously, that is freaking fascinating. If SD makes it into next week, and it well may, expect CBS to be all over this in some sort of human interest segment that, for once, actually will be interesting.

Archived