Harry Neale

That Aud Smell

The day the Buffalo Sabres no longer have RJ, will by far be one of the saddest days in Buffalo history. I say that with every serious bone in my body.

Since all most all of my particpation in games has been by WGR web radio over last 10+ years I absolutely agree. I listen to the local radio and/or braodcasts for Pens and it just does not compare. Hopefully they are cloning him as we speak for that day.. :D

RJ (yes, major homer) has that old school ability to literally get you to "see" the game as you hear it on the radio.

Bingo, until you have listenened/heard the other style you don't really get it and then last as DooHickie said it either pulls you in or repels you..... if you don't appreciate the emotion he puts into it OR you can't take the stress(getting harder in my old age)....

I listen to the local radio and/or braodcasts for Pens and it just does not compare.

You are just spoiled man Mike Lang for the pens radio Broadcast is probably the 2nd best in the business! True Bob Arrey and John Steigerwald are pretty brutal they do call a decent enough game. When I say decent I mean they actually call the action on the ice not tell some lame ass stories over the action then scream goal when they finally score.

Since all most all of my particpation in games has been by WGR web radio over last 10+ years I absolutely agree. I listen to the local radio and/or braodcasts for Pens and it just does not compare. Hopefully they are cloning him as we speak for that day.. :D

I'm not if they're able to clone him yet, but I think his son is a play-by-play announcer somewhere. Can anyone shed any light on that? Has anyone heard him? Hopefully, he's just like his old man and the Sabres will hire him someday.

From a character on "Are You Being Served?", a British sitcom. The character makes frequent references to her cat and is unaware of the innuendo in calling it a "."

Raucous hilarity ensues.

Is it too much? That sitcom is freakin' hilarious. I don't like all Brit sits but this one's funny.

Archived