LETS GO NASHVILLE AND ATLANTA!!!

gregkash

Do not rule out Washington. Their win tonight moves them 1 point ahead of Sabres. The Sabres should find a playoff spot at season's end but there are going to be many sweaty palm nights ahead.....( wet shorts also :o )

True that, Philly has a tough schedule ahead lots left in their division bound to lose a few after our next two which we should win (TB and TO) same for gauntlet for Bflo so just win baby and nothing else matters..... ;)

Do not rule out Washington. Their win tonight moves them 1 point ahead of Sabres. The Sabres should find a playoff spot at season's end but there are going to be many sweaty palm nights ahead.....( wet shorts also :o )

For sure! Nothing should be easy. My point is, now BFLO HAS TO WIN... If tonight isn't a motivating factor for a young BFLO team... Then nothing will be.

I'd rather see it flame out now, than later!

Well hey here is what NHL wanted with cap and 3 point games parity and positions still up for grabs down the stretch and hopefully until last week. Other than detroit nobody else has clinched yet correct ?

TOR won... You can rule the Isles out... Now just give the Leafs the death blow in the next two meetings!

Rule the Thrash out too!

Just win and focus on the B's and the Cryers!

3 down with the Cryers, with game in hand and 4 down with the B's (play them twice)...

Game in hands will be over the Caps...

The destiny is really in the Slugos own hands... Just beat BOS, and TOR in reg... And break even or more the rest... They should get in...

They control their own fate... The odds won't have the Sabres winning and the others winning and the Sabres NOT getting in... They will get in if they follow this winning formula!

Well hey here is what NHL wanted with cap and 3 point games parity and positions still up for grabs down the stretch and hopefully until last week. Other than detroit nobody else has clinched yet correct ?

For some strange reason I am at peace and ease... Whichever way this season goes... They have been given numerous chances to solve their own problems and things evened out!

The worst part, win or lose has past!

B-)

For some strange reason I am at peace and ease... Whichever way this season goes... They have been given numerous chances to solve their own problems and things evened out!

B-)

Ah you have achieved the zen hockey state and found the true mantle of inner peace and freedom B-) ,,,,

Is that prescription or street corner ? :D

I am just saying watch out for Washington..... Sundin may play against Buffalo on Friday.

B-)

I am just saying watch out for Washington..... Sundin may play against Buffalo on Friday.

Yeah I saw that in the news whats' the big idea holding him out till Bflo game, you guy's trying to play some kind of spoiler ;) ,,, comeon border brother talk to maurice and tell him that old groin needs another day......

I know.

There is no need to watch out though... The Caps are BEHIND the Sabres and the Sabres will have games in hand...

Just win and beat BOS more importantly and things will be fine... Heck, BFLO AND WAS might get in!

Everytime WAS wins, the Sabres need to win... No need worrying about teams you have no control over (they don't play the Caps any more)...

Quote me here... The season MAY come down to the April 5th game against the Bruins... That is what? One day from the official end?

Like last year with the Isles...

And if WAS and BFLO BOTH advance... Now worry until the ECF's if that, maybe!

I don't mind seeing the Caps make it if BFLO can't win their games!

It was my hope he would now give it a rest until next season, that is if he decides to play again.

Yeah I saw that in the news whats' the big idea holding him out till Bflo game, you guy's trying to play some kind of spoiler ;) ,,, comeon border brother talk to maurice and tell him that old groin needs another day......

So what!

I'd rather have Sundin in there... Force on force... And if things pan out, even better!!!

So what!

I'd rather have Sundin in there... Force on force... And if things pan out, even better!!!

Man that is good sh!t your taking your hockey Zen is in complete control ;) ,

Agreed by the way because if you can't make it when you control your own destiny and the sabs do then they don't deserve to be there.

Last if not us I would like to see washington as well rather than Philly and I think it's entirely possibly and would be ultra cool if both us and washington beat in Boston and Philly.....

A Washington win tonight and they are one point ahead of the Sabres. The Sabres with then have two teams ahead of them.

Sort of. Their positions would be ambiguous. Caps will have one more point, but the Sabres will have a game-in-hand, which is worth 0-2 points. At the 73 game mark, Sabres were ahead. Win tomorrow and at the 74 game mark, Sabres are still ahead. By the way, an OT loss tomorrow won't do it since the Caps have us on wins.

Man that is good sh!t your taking your hockey Zen is in complete control ;) ,

Agreed by the way because if you can't make it when you control your own destiny and the sabs do then they don't deserve to be there.

Last if not us I would like to see washington as well rather than Philly and I think it's entirely possibly and would be ultra cool if both us and washington beat in Boston and Philly.....

Exactly... BFLO hasn't won many "make or break" games this year... It is time they put up or shut up!

Of course I would like to see them win... But, we have already rode the roller coaster... Now take it home in a sprint or fall off the road!

They have nobody to blame... They have been given uber-chances! I'd be bitter if they weren't given those chances! But, they have... Again, they need to put up...

Unless... It comes down to the refs screwing them over every game... But, how bad can that be?\

Disclaimer: Oh, Hockey Gods... I am in no way of laying down the gauntlet towards the all powerful!

:lol:

Not to argue but .... Bird in Hand , Better than in Bush. At times I wonder if the Sabres get as overconfident as fans of beating certain teams that they come out flat and lose or the game entirely to close.

Interesting this Morning listening to Don Cherry giving Lindy some Love, Cherry points to Lindy as doing great work as coach this year.

Sort of. Their positions would be ambiguous. Caps will have one more point, but the Sabres will have a game-in-hand, which is worth 0-2 points. At the 73 game mark, Sabres were ahead. Win tomorrow and at the 74 game mark, Sabres are still ahead. By the way, an OT loss tomorrow won't do it since the Caps have us on wins.

Not to argue but .... Bird in Hand , Better than in Bush. At times I wonder if the Sabres get as overconfident of beating certain teams that they come out flat and lose or the game entirely to close.

Interesting this Morning listening to Don Cherry giving Lindy some Love, Cherry points to Lindy as doing great work as coach this year.

TOTALLY! (blue) Been like that for some years now...

With everybody winning tonight... It is the best thing, trust me! Sure I would want the Caps right now and meltdown ala the Bruins game... It is best for these YOUNG Sabres players that the Caps win! Yes, WIN against the Pred tonight...

Note, I said YOUNG... They need to know where the "wolf" is at all times!!!

oh , sure , sure , now your pulling a Mike Robitie on me "The need to know where the wolf" is at all times".

The wolf is right in front of them getting ready to bit at their shorts. ..... time to move... :)

TOTALLY! (blue) Been like that for some years now...

With everybody winning tonight... It is the best thing, trust me! Sure I would want the Caps right now and meltdown ala the Bruins game... It is best for these YOUNG Sabres players that the Caps win! Yes, WIN against the Pred tonight...

Note, I said YOUNG... They need to know where the "wolf" is at all times!!!

oh , sure , sure , now your pulling a Mike Robitie on me "The need to know where the wolf" is at all times".

The wolf is right in front of them getting ready to bit at their shorts. ..... time to move... :)

Exactly! :D :lol:

They can't move until tomorrow night! (no tongue smiley)... The past is the past.

11 points separates them with the NUMBER ONE seed... If they put together a streak like they did at the start of last year at the end of this season... I wouldn't rule out even catching the Sens or Habs!!! Yes, they do play them twice each also...

It really is in their hands... Accept nothing but WINS... The playoffs for me have already started!!

Not to argue but .... Bird in Hand , Better than in Bush. At times I wonder if the Sabres get as overconfident as fans of beating certain teams that they come out flat and lose or the game entirely to close.

I believe that the saying is "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Caps have one in the hand, while Sabres have two in the bush. If they catch those two, then they have two in the hand and, thus, more. Fail to catch those two and they have less. As I said, ambiguous. The Caps don't have one more in the bush that they can catch. If the Caps were two ahead, I would agree with you.

Overconfidence would be saying we will tomorrow and be back ahead. Saying it's ambiguous means we could win or we could lose, and who is in the lead at 74 games depends on that result. Neither is definitely ahead of the other at this point.

I believe that the saying is "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Caps have one in the hand, while Sabres have two in the bush. If they catch those two, then they have two in the hand and, thus, more. Fail to catch those two and they have less. As I said, ambiguous. The Caps don't have one more in the bush that they can catch. If the Caps were two ahead, I would agree with you.

Overconfidence would be saying we will tomorrow and be back ahead. Saying it's ambiguous means we could win or we could lose, and who is in the lead at 74 games depends on that result. Neither is definitely ahead of the other at this point.

Exactly... BFLO has "last ups" the way the schedule is working out this week... They need to answer to keep their advantage.

BFLO still has an advantage over the Caps... If the Caps win 2, BFLO needs to win 2 to keep pace and that advantage... Caps lose tommorrow (Chi), the Sabres can lose (not advisable) against the TBL BUT have to beat the Leafs on Friday...

This young teams needs the pressure!

As much as we hate the 'Canes being in third... It is a plus that they are close... They can collapse and be replaced by WAS and BFLO can sneak in that way...

What I mean... WAS doesn't necessarily have to take up the lower seed... Meaning they can get hot, just as long a CAR turns cold!

More possibilites the better!!!

As much as we hate the 'Canes being in third... It is a plus that they are close... They can collapse and be replaced by WAS and BFLO can sneak in that way...

What I mean... WAS doesn't necessarily have to take up the lower seed... Meaning they can get hot, just as long a CAR turns cold!

More possibilites the better!!!

WAS is only 3 points down on CAR and plays in CHI tonight. A Sabres win might still have them in 10th place after tonight if WAS wins again.

This post got me thinking. We need to be cognizant of CAR as well. If CAR swaps with WAS, they may still be ahead of BUF. CAR has 5 more wins. So we really need to be scoreboard watching all of these: Rangers, Bruins, Flyers, Capitals, Panthers and Canes. WAS, FLA and CAR have an easier schedule than NYR, PHL, BOS and BUF. Seems like everyone has two divisional games left against each of their divisional opponents.

So the season for these seven bubble teams comes down to an eight-game intra-divisional round robin.

Archived