This Day in Sabres History: March 23rd

PASabreFan

March 23, 1975

The Sabres club the California Golden Seals 9-4 at the Aud to clinch their first Adams Division championship.

March 23, 1989

Clint Malarchuk is released from the hospital, joking at a press conference with his characteristic offbeat humor that doctors had done "a frontal lobotomy through my neck." He also spoke very seriously about his near-death experience. "I thought I was dying then, I really did. I knew it was my jugular vein and I thought I didn't have long to live," he said.

If we are talking about jokes on TDISH maybe "clubbing" and "seals" shouldn't go in the same sentence. It sets a rather gruesome picture in one's mind.

I admit that that is a poor choice of words and a bad analogy. Something better would be like the California Seals were on the run from a Buffalo team that resembled a polar Bear on the hunt for California Seal Flambe as they broke the ice with that the Seals were standing on burying them under an avalanche of vulcanized rubber 9-4. :doh:

March 23, 1975

The Sabres club the California Golden Seals 9-4 at the Aud to clinch their first Adams Division championship.

March 23, 1989

Clint Malarchuk is released from the hospital, joking at a press conference with his characteristic offbeat humor that doctors had done "a frontal lobotomy through my neck." He also spoke very seriously about his near-death experience. "I thought I was dying then, I really did. I knew it was my jugular vein and I thought I didn't have long to live," he said.

March 23, 2007

Sabres come back to beat the Toronto Maple Leafs down 4-1 in the third period to win 5-4 in regulation. Unofficial, best comeback of the season in the NHL.

Archived