Pittsburgh helped us tonight!!

phSabres84

Huge win for the Pens, helps us a lot...Elias and Madden both left the game in the 3rd with undisclosed injuries...not hoping it's serious, but it would be nice to see some other teams deal with the injury bug a little...

Thanks Pitt!

Thank you Danny and Chris for burning the Pens late... That had to be embarrassing and a REASON why they (the Pens) gave such an effort tonight!

:D

So... In the end BFLO helped themselves by humiliating the Pens with under a minute left and 6.2 left!

They can coast all year as far as I am concerned... JUST don't do it in the playoffs!

:D

The Red Wings are doing us a favor too by keeping the Pred (beatin' them down 4-2) within striking distance, even if it means the Wings are a bit closer and the race for the Prez log jammed!

Huge win for the Pens, helps us a lot...Elias and Madden both left the game in the 3rd with undisclosed injuries...not hoping it's serious, but it would be nice to see some other teams deal with the injury bug a little...

Oh... I am hoping it is serious... ;) ;) Okay, I am just trying to be a tough guy! ;) ;)

Boring teams should get injured!... ;) ;)

According to TSN, Elias and Madden both sustained "slight groin pulls" in the 3rd period. Two questions - does that count as an upper- or lower-body injury, and how long does that keep them out? Gionta has missed 11 of the last 13 games (another groin injury? :blink:) so I have to wonder how long the Devils' "high-powered offense" can miss Gionta (top goal scorer) and Elias (tops in points)?

I saw the game and I was really surprised Penguins could shut out a team, but we are all happy of course :)

I watched it as well.. Well at least most of it.

At about the 6 minutes left mark of the second period the shots on goal for the period were NJ-2, Pitt-1.

Pitt earned that victory last night. NJ is deceptively fast at times. They sit back in that defense and then all of sudden spring forward with great passing. Next thing you know, they are flying full speed up ice and creating an odd man rush.

It was a difficult telecast to listen to as both team have just beaten Buffalo and those NJ announcers brought it up ALL night.

But I did learn the tie break system should NJ and BUF finish in a tie. First is games won so Buf leads 44 to 42; then points in series which NJ leads 4-2. I forgot the third.

I was at the game. It was a real good game. Crosby got knocked around a bunch too. Took a puck or stick off his face just after a faceoff and as he was struggling to the bench, kicked the puck and too a too many men penalty. Before that he took a puck in the face too. 1st goal was a lucky bounce like they had against us.

I was at the game. It was a real good game. Crosby got knocked around a bunch too. Took a puck or stick off his face just after a faceoff and as he was struggling to the bench, kicked the puck and too a too many men penalty. Before that he took a puck in the face too. 1st goal was a lucky bounce like they had against us.

and before that 1st goal devils missed great chances...I don't see penguins beating the devils more than once in 10 games.

I watched it as well.. Well at least most of it.

At about the 6 minutes left mark of the second period the shots on goal for the period were NJ-2, Pitt-1.

Pitt earned that victory last night. NJ is deceptively fast at times. They sit back in that defense and then all of sudden spring forward with great passing. Next thing you know, they are flying full speed up ice and creating an odd man rush.

It was a difficult telecast to listen to as both team have just beaten Buffalo and those NJ announcers brought it up ALL night.

But I did learn the tie break system should NJ and BUF finish in a tie. First is games won so Buf leads 44 to 42; then points in series which NJ leads 4-2. I forgot the third.

Goal differential. The Sabres are +55, while the Devils were +19, and are now are +16.

How the hell can you be 32 games over .500 but only be a +16?

Goal differential. The Sabres are +55, while the Devils were +19, and are now are +16.

How the hell can you be 32 games over .500 but only be a +16?

Goaltending. The same reason the Sabres can lead the league in goals and have so many close games.

Archived