Can someone explain to me...

Bmwolf21

I keep seeing that 98.5 "personality" referenced on message boards and in the MSM (including the Niagara Gazette reference to Picholas and Shred & Ragan.) What's the story there? Anyone?

I keep seeing that 98.5 "personality" referenced on message boards and in the MSM (including the Niagara Gazette reference to Picholas and Shred & Ragan.) What's the story there? Anyone?

Picholas is a 40 year old fat guy with greasy hair that works for Kiss 98.5. They play all the Justin Timberlake style music.

Shred & Ragan drill him because he's a 40 year old fat guy getting excited about Justin Timberlake on the radio.

Shred and Regan would play the same crap if their bosses told them that was the stations new format.

Its one , calling another a ....

Not to call radio people whores, but they are just paid to do what their told.

Picholas is a 40 year old fat guy with greasy hair that works for Kiss 98.5. They play all the Justin Timberlake style music.

Shred & Ragan drill him because he's a 40 year old fat guy getting excited about Justin Timberlake on the radio.

So that's it? They finally decided to take shots at the Kiss crew? I knew it was coming eventually, but I didn't think it would take this long...

So were they able to turn most of WNY's over-14 population against him - is that why they're supposedly booing him at Sabres games?

Shred and Ragan have to be getting pretty damn old too, too old to be peddling whatever passes as "rock" or "alternative rock" today. IIRC, they both used to work at 103.3 the FOX. Hard to believe that morning radio personalities in town haven't changed at all since I was in junior high.

Shred and Ragan have to be getting pretty damn old too, too old to be peddling whatever passes as "rock" or "alternative rock" today. IIRC, they both used to work at 103.3 the FOX. Hard to believe that morning radio personalities in town haven't changed at all since I was in junior high.

They're on in the afternoon now, so it has changed a bit.

wolf, they've been taking shots at him for at least 8 years now. It's nothing new.

So were they able to turn most of WNY's over-14 population against him - is that why they're supposedly booing him at Sabres games?

There's nothing supposed about it. During the game against Edmonton, whenever his face appeared on the scoreboard, great anger and displeasure was heard from the fans. The trend has continued. To be honest, prior to reading the recent Niagara Gazette article, I didn't even know that he was a radio personality. The fact that he was annoying was reason enough, but this just adds fuel to the fire.

That explains it - I left WNY in 2001...back then, it was only a random shot here and there, and it never seemed directed at anyone in particular at KISS.

There's nothing supposed about it. During the game against Edmonton, whenever his face appeared on the scoreboard, great anger and displeasure was heard from the fans. The trend has continued. To be honest, prior to reading the recent Niagara Gazette article, I didn't even know that he was a radio personality. The fact that he was annoying was reason enough, but this just adds fuel to the fire.

I haven't been to a home Sabres game since the 2000-01 season, and haven't heard it mentioned anywhere until now.

I think the fans will eventually react that way to almost anyone. I don't understand the need to some some local "celebrity" do all that crap. Just go with some random staffer, or better yet, don't do it at all.

I did have fun starting a good 10-15 "no one likes you" chant for the why guy last year. :lol:

They're on in the afternoon now, so it has changed a bit.

wolf, they've been taking shots at him for at least 8 years now. It's nothing new.

I've been listening to Shredd and Ragan since around 1999, so yeah, 8 years is about right. I remember them making fun of Picholas then too because when I'd ride the bus to school in the morning the driver would have Kiss on the radio and I despised Janet Snyder and Picholas greatly. Those two idiots shouldn't be allowed to speak. I remember one morning where SnR pranked the crap out of them and that was when I started listening to SnR. They're funny guys and it's a shame they moved them out of the way for Opie and Anthony, who were much funnier before they got kicked off the air and moved to satellite. Now they stink.

But yeah, most of the younger crowd doesn't like Picholas. Any male fan that had to grow up in the 90s listening to his blubbering drivel on morning radio probably enjoys booing him. I know I would.

I've been listening to Shredd and Ragan since around 1999, so yeah, 8 years is about right. I remember them making fun of Picholas then too because when I'd ride the bus to school in the morning the driver would have Kiss on the radio and I despised Janet Snyder and Picholas greatly. Those two idiots shouldn't be allowed to speak. I remember one morning where SnR pranked the crap out of them and that was when I started listening to SnR. They're funny guys and it's a shame they moved them out of the way for Opie and Anthony, who were much funnier before they got kicked off the air and moved to satellite. Now they stink.

But yeah, most of the younger crowd doesn't like Picholas. Any male fan that had to grow up in the 90s listening to his blubbering drivel on morning radio probably enjoys booing him. I know I would.

I actually don't mind SnR in the afternoon time slot. If anyone does listen to O&A (non-XM), they'll be "reviewing" Janet and The Monolith, er I mean The Pickle all week long.

I live in Rochester and grew up outside of Lockport so I remember when Nicholas showed up on KISS, they started him doing the Alternative Sunday night show which wasn't bad back in 94.

I went to the Bruins long shootout lost and that was my first game of the year for me. When Nick came on I started laughing at the people that were booing him. My buddy from Rochester goes, "Hey! When did "Big " start working as the MC for the Sabres?" That made it even better.

I really do feel for the guy, here he is making an extra coin or two and having close to 20,000 people boo ya. Ouch!

It makes me laugh that in a city like Buffalo where most people are overweight and definitely not eye candy, a guy, just like most of you who has a pretty cool job with a team you all love (one most of you would love to have), gets harrassed to the point of embaresment for being an overweight guy in his 40s.

Of course these are the same people who boo for the first place team in the Eastern Conference so go figure.

It makes me laugh that in a city like Buffalo where most people are overweight and definitely not eye candy, a guy, just like most of you who has a pretty cool job with a team you all love (one most of you would love to have), gets harrassed to the point of embaresment for being an overweight guy in his 40s.

Of course these are the same people who boo for the first place team in the Eastern Conference so go figure.

I think it's the Justin Timberlake thing more than being 40 and fat.

As for the booing? I'd boo Jesus Christ if I thought he was lolly gagging across the water. :D

In fairness, he is slightly better than that blonde chick who was assaulting our ears with her squeaky tones during the preseason.

I disagree. I rather look at the blonde chick and endure the "ear assault" than the visual assault we endure every time they show that short, sweaty, tubby greaseball.

Archived