Old NHL Officiating

rickshaw

I'd have to admit... I can't stand soccer... Sorry rickshaw, no offense... And as we approach the playoffs, it seems once again, hockey is becoming boring.

Not that I just want to see the Sabres win all the time... I just hate these tight games. Save it for baseball, where I enjoy the tight pitching duels...

I know not really related to the officiating... But don't get down in the dumps guys!

The new rules breathed life into WHAT WAS BECOMING a boring game... Now it seems to be going back...

Face it... This is how the playoffs will look... And it is almost certain that one or more low seeded teams will upset... That is where the game is flawed in such a long season, IMO.

Soccer isn't for everyone. I've played the game most of my life, so I can appreciate it more than most.

If the game continues going back to the "letting the odd clutch and grab go" then we're in serious trouble.

I hope this is just a small blip.

I am not impressed with losing 3 in a row at home, 2 because of SH goals and now we're on the road for 4 games. Trouble is a brewing.

Soccer isn't for everyone. I've played the game most of my life, so I can appreciate it more than most.

If the game continues going back to the "letting the odd clutch and grab go" then we're in serious trouble.

I hope this is just a small blip.

I am not impressed with losing 3 in a row at home, 2 because of SH goals and now we're on the road for 4 games. Trouble is a brewing.

You my northern brethren need some + reinforcement! :D

Go visit my "+ thread"... And keep it clean! It is the "beauty way to go!" :D

I guess I don't really mind soccer... I just don't want hockey becoming it!

:D

Did you guys see a lot of hooking, tripping, interference plays that should have been called? I really didn't. Sure, a few plays could have been called, but I do not think there is "old NHL" clutching and grabbing going on. I dunno

No, it's not as bad as pre-lockout hockey, but it is degrading from what it was. They are supposed to call everything, and they're not. I don't mind letting the really ticky tack hooking calls go but I, more than anything, just want the refs to be consistant. If it's a penalty in the first, it's still a penalty during the entirety of the game.

No, it's not as bad as pre-lockout hockey, but it is degrading from what it was. They are supposed to call everything, and they're not. I don't mind letting the really ticky tack hooking calls go but I, more than anything, just want the refs to be consistant. If it's a penalty in the first, it's still a penalty during the entirety of the game.

Let's start on calling them in the first. :lol:

Archived