Simon Suspended 22 Games

connee

Better than the original "22 games, might be back if they advance" suspension that was rumored yesterday.

But then again, who knows if Simon would have seen the ice during the playoffs anyway?

guys have gotten suspended for much less- for accedental type stuff. you could see it on his face the second he got hit that he was gunna do something about it. anyone who saw his face knew that he knew what he was doing. he had every intent of harming him, and he followed through. thats that he wanted a penalty for his hit- it was clean, and he should of been looking.

The decision is in. Minimum of 25 games, and he won't play at all this season or postseason.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&p...rticleid=290330

This seems appropriate.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about. Glad to see the NHL finally laying something on people like Simon. Now if only we could get the same out of them for people like Chris Neil. There's no place for goons like them.

If you are reading this Colin and company, I think 22 games is about right. Wipe away the regular season and at least one playoff series.

Are you kidding me? Anyone who loses their cool like that on the ice doesn't belong there, period.

Simon is a goon, and the league will better off without him. Send this clown packing permantently.

Are you kidding me? Anyone who loses their cool like that on the ice doesn't belong there, period.

Simon is a goon, and the league will better off without him. Send this clown packing permantently.

But, but, but....he was GROGGY from Hollweg's illegal check...you can't expect him to be responsible for his actions! <_<

As much as I think the "rest of the year" suspension is appropriate, I would like for them to make him apply for reinstatement next year and have Ace and Gary review whether or not he should be reinstated...

This is at least a start. According to the article I read on TSN this is Chris Simons fifth suspension spanning a 14 year career for various infractions. It really didn't define what those infractions were.

Here is the list from ESPN:

March '07: 25** games for Stick attack

March '04: 2 games for Kneeing

Jan. '04: 2 games for Cross checking

April '01: 2 games for Elbowing

April '00: 1* game for Cross checking

Nov. '97: 3 games for Alleged racial remarks

**Suspended for rest of 2006-07 regular season, playoffs. If that doesn't equal 25 games, suspension will continue into 2007-08 season.

*Occurred during playoffs

Archived