WGR Reports:

Corp000085

This is great news. The article states that he had little pain in his knee, will see a doctor today, and could join the team for non contact drills in practice tomorrow. I guess lindy will update us tonight on his condition. Kitalik gets a lot of flak, but he's money in the shootout, and had been playing much better before his injury. His imminent return should also drive macarthur, ryan, and stafford that much harder. Tonight's game becomes a huge benchmark for these guys. The article is linked on the homepage here. With all these guys on the verge of coming back, i challenge anyone to give the "we don't need them anyways" argument. The sabres will only be better with a healthy roster... check for ruff's postgame press conference and the AHL transactions wire in the next 24-36 hours...

This is great news. The article states that he had little pain in his knee, will see a doctor today, and could join the team for non contact drills in practice tomorrow. I guess lindy will update us tonight on his condition. Kitalik gets a lot of flak, but he's money in the shootout, and had been playing much better before his injury. His imminent return should also drive macarthur, ryan, and stafford that much harder. Tonight's game becomes a huge benchmark for these guys. The article is linked on the homepage here. With all these guys on the verge of coming back, i challenge anyone to give the "we don't need them anyways" argument. The sabres will only be better with a healthy roster... check for ruff's postgame press conference and the AHL transactions wire in the next 24-36 hours...

That kind of reminds me of that old accountemps commercial. No, no, no, take your time and get better. Don't worry, I've got Bob...

who gets sent back to rochester? macarthur? kaleta (keep until peters returns)?

this is why every game is so important for the new guys... one night macarthur goes crazy with points, the next its stafford... just when you're ready to send kaleta down, he PWNs mcgratton... its a game by game decision, which is the hockey world's single greatest perdiciment to be stuck in, which lindy is right now.

News isnt too promising on Connoly:

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/27339.html

A couple of players on the Sabres? injured list joined their teammates at the end of Tuesday?s practice, though one was wearing a T-shirt and sneakers.

Forward Andrew Peters, who suffered an upper-body injury Friday and will miss his second straight game tonight, began skating as the healthy players started trickling to the dressing room. Forward Ales Kotalik, out since straining his knee Feb. 17 against Boston, walked onto the ice in workout clothes to take a few long-distance shots. He could return within two weeks. Other injury updates:

? Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek (broken hand) and forward Daniel Paille (broken finger) could be back next week.

? Right wing Maxim Afinogenov is skating but cannot use his left wrist, which underwent surgery Feb. 16 to repair a broken scaphoid bone. He is not expected back until the first week of April, at the earliest.

? Tim Connolly has not skated since coach Lindy Ruff announced the center had a stress fracture in his leg Feb. 13. Connolly still has pain just below the knee.

?He?s had some good days,? Ruff said, ?but they would like to see him pain free for approximately a week before we get him back for serious exercise.?

I hope Kotalik comes back soon. I think he's a good player and we could use, especially given the two game stretch we are on now. My only beef with Kotalik is that I think he's a little pricey, and if it were a roster spot between him and Stafford next year, I'd rather have Stafford and send Kotalik packing. But, since we have Kotalik, I think he's someone we could use back on the roster. I just don't see Zubrus clicking with Drury right now, and I think Kotalik is a better fit on the line.

It would be nice to see Kotalik come back pissed off and trying to make his presence felt, especially in light of how well most of the youngsters have played in his absence...

Archived