Remember this 1 point.

deluca67

At the end of the year remember this 1 point gained against the Habs. 1 point gotten on a night when they didn't play well. It's what good teams do. They get points when they don't play their best.

The Habs OT goal was hockey justice because the Sabres didn't play well enough to win.

They do look tired. But with these last two games before the break they should play like it's the end of the season. Leaving it all on the ice. 4 out 4 points would be awesome and would probably put them in first place. I looking for at least 3 out of 4.

3 out of 4 vs. a team that's had our number and another who is the hottest team in the league would be pretty sweet.

i think we all would agree we were lucky to get a point out of that effort last night- i'm glad i didn't pay to see that one. i already have tickets to the 4/12 matchup with montreal, and i pray the sabres reward my 6-hour drive with a better effort than that.

watching the habs scrap and skate and hit these last two games, i wonder why they aren't doing better...was the goaltending really THAT bad? i'm starting to think they could do some damage in the post-season.

I love this team's attitude. Jay McKee was pissed in postgame interviews last night, Jason Pominville didn't look up from under the brim of his hat and Lindy Ruff's ears were smoking. The expectation to play well and win is 90% of the battle in sports. Hell, I feel it as a fan this morning. I have that feeling in my belly you get after a big loss -- and losing in overtime to end your six-game winning streak is not exactly a big loss.

I love this team's attitude. Jay McKee was pissed in postgame interviews last night, Jason Pominville didn't look up from under the brim of his hat and Lindy Ruff's ears were smoking. The expectation to play well and win is 90% of the battle in sports. Hell, I feel it as a fan this morning. I have that feeling in my belly you get after a big loss -- and losing in overtime to end your six-game winning streak is not exactly a big loss.

agreed... im glad to see there upset... that way now they have a fire underthem to do better... this is a huge opportunity this year... they want to make good on it this year.

this is a huge opportunity this year... they want to make good on it this year.

i don't know about you guys, but i'm starting to get a little greedy myself. the fact is that we sent an inferior team to this one all the way to game 6 of the finals in 99...so how far-fetched is it really to dream about hoisting the cup THIS YEAR? ...especially now that we're getting big-time goaltending.

i don't know about you guys, but i'm starting to get a little greedy myself. the fact is that we sent an inferior team to this one all the way to game 6 of the finals in 99...so how far-fetched is it really to dream about hoisting the cup THIS YEAR? ...especially now that we're getting big-time goaltending.

ugh... lets be careful... we don't want to be leaf fans here lol... but i do think about it... and certainly its a possiblity where in years past its not even been a twinkle in a sabre fans eyes.

BG43, greedy is a good word for it. The fans are definitely greedy. If the players are, I guess that's good. But you can definitely peak too soon. Young guys do tend to shoot their wad. It's probably more important that this team clean up its deficiencies before the playoffs than to win the Northeast Division. Sometimes the pursuit of meaningless regular season titles hurts a team come playoff time. Look at all the Cup winners who have emerged from back in the pack a bit -- and how many Presidents' Trophy winners watch the finals on TV with the rest of us.

Speaking of deficiencies... leading the league in shorthanded goals against. Yikes. That's a killer come April, May and, hopefully, June.

I don't think this team has played all that well in any of the last 3 games (yes, even the Ottawa game). The biggest problem is that the team's passing has been absolutely atrocious. The amazing thing is that they've walked away from those games with 5 points. Like Deluca said, that's a sign of a good team. They walk away with points even when they suck.

Maybe this break is coming at the perfect time. They need to find their game before the compressed schedule in March.

Archived