22 games in 39 days...

PromoTheRobot

I hope the Sabres can recharge their batteries during the Olympics, because they will have to play 22 games from March 1 to April 8. In that time: Back-to-back games-5x... 3 games in 4 nights-5x...two days off-only twice.

Probably a good thing most of the Sabres were snubbed by the Olympics. With Hecht possibly being out for Germany, that leaves only Teppo Numenin, Chris Drury, and Maxim Afenigenov.

PTR

Damn, you're a downer man. You say "recharge their batteries" as if they enter the break in a slump or something. Last night, you said you would be happy if the Sabres got one point in the next two games! Listen, everybody has a brutal schedule. The Sabres are young and will handle it better than most teams -- not to mention that this one of the best teams in the NHL. Other teams should look at their schedule, see us and be worried. Chill out.

and now we start to see why exactly its so great that miller sits instead of play for team usa. yes we know its an injustice and its been beaten to death. but its definatly going to help us.

I partially agree with you. The rest is definately going to be nice for Miller. Hopefully he doesn't get rusty over the break, but judging by how he came back after the injury, that shouldn't be a concern.

The only reason I disagree at all, is if he had a great tournament, he could get even more momentum for that stretch in March.

I need a break too, i'm starting to get a bit complacent. While watching the game last night I couldn't get mad at them for not playing their best game because it is rarely the case and that's not a good way to think. It's almost like I wouldn't be very upset if they lost because well, look at how much they've done...so I want to shake that attitude and stay hungry because since Ottawa has only ONE LESS LOSS that us, we can really really catch them. Those 4 games against them are going to be huger than any of the other games...

It will be GREAT to see Danny back on the ice. I can't even imagine how much he could have contributed during his time out, but him coming back is huge.

And then the trade deadline is here before you know it, and Darcy does something amazing like Stuuu for Mat the Rat and next thing you know, we're rollllllllin into the playoffs....

I don't know if I can handle the playoffs this year. I've grown to love this team more than any of the other years and I think every goal scored against them will be heart-wrenching. Ugh, like last time around when Mario scored with 1:29 to go to take the game to overtime and then Kovalev scores to take the series to game 7 and KASPARAITIS scores to take the series home......yeah, it would be worse than that.

I need a break too, i'm starting to get a bit complacent. While watching the game last night I couldn't get mad at them for not playing their best game because it is rarely the case and that's not a good way to think. It's almost like I wouldn't be very upset if they lost because well, look at how much they've done...so I want to shake that attitude and stay hungry because since Ottawa has only ONE LESS LOSS that us, we can really really catch them. Those 4 games against them are going to be huger than any of the other games...

It will be GREAT to see Danny back on the ice. I can't even imagine how much he could have contributed during his time out, but him coming back is huge.

And then the trade deadline is here before you know it, and Darcy does something amazing like Stuuu for Mat the Rat and next thing you know, we're rollllllllin into the playoffs....

I don't know if I can handle the playoffs this year. I've grown to love this team more than any of the other years and I think every goal scored against them will be heart-wrenching. Ugh, like last time around when Mario scored with 1:29 to go to take the game to overtime and then Kovalev scores to take the series to game 7 and KASPARAITIS scores to take the series home......yeah, it would be worse than that.

I don't see the break as a break for me. I will probably be watching just as much hockey during the Olympics.

I don't see the break as a break for me. I will probably be watching just as much hockey during the Olympics.

I mean from Sabres hockey because it has been quite a ride and I dont want to get too confident and just expect them to pull games out with 30 seconds left every night.

I'll be watching just as much hockey too, and I'm rooting for Canada....cuz that's what I do. :ph34r:

I mean from Sabres hockey because it has been quite a ride and I dont want to get too confident and just expect them to pull games out with 30 seconds left every night.

I'll be watching just as much hockey too, and I'm rooting for Canada....cuz that's what I do. :ph34r:

If you're Canadian...best of luck to you. If you're American, I'm confused. No matter what USA's roster looks like, I couldn't root for anyone else.

Archived