Buying A Throwback Jersey Tonight

CallawaySabres

After many months of searching on ebay, I am finally caving in to the purchase of a home throwback tonight. I believe the semi pro goes for about $155. Is this a pretty solid jersey? I am debating between the Lafontaine and Perrault - and #11 is the front runner. If you were going to drop this $$, what jersey would you get? I don't think the authentic would be worth it for more than $100 more do you? Thanks...

I went with the blue LaFontaine jersey earlier this year. I'd love to get a white Perreault to add to the collection at some point.

Speaking of throwback jerseys, I bought this one the other day:

http://images.andale.com/f2/104/128/792646...hawerchuk_8.jpg

edit: The guy on ebay I got this from has both LaFontaine and Perreault jerseys for $129 plus $10 shipping. That might give you some idea on the price.

are you guys kidding me? no disrespect to pat, but perreault is like the father of the friggin franchise!

personally, i am holding off on a jersey till the new ones come out, but if i was going throwback, there is no way i would pick a player who played in buffalo any more recently than, say, danny gare.

I think no one should be allowed to buy a throwback of another player until they can produce proof they have Perreault already ;)

Seriously, not everyone is as old as me and might not remember Bert much, so LaFontaine is a fine option if he wants to go that route .... it's not like he said he was buying a Jay Wells or Richard Hajdu jersey or something ...

are you guys kidding me? no disrespect to pat, but perreault is like the father of the friggin franchise!

personally, i am holding off on a jersey till the new ones come out, but if i was going throwback, there is no way i would pick a player who played in buffalo any more recently than, say, danny gare.

I remember the wheel coming up "no, that's an eleven" although I was young. The first Sabres game I had the privilege of atending in person was Bert breaking the rookie goal scoring record against the Blues. I cannot arguwe with him being called the "father of the franchise" but I would put either a 5, 6, 18, or 28 on a throwback. I recognize you can count the people who would consider a Dave Dryden jersey on one hand but, as you can tell from my avatar, he was my initial favorite Sabre as a 9 year old.

After many months of searching on ebay, I am finally caving in to the purchase of a home throwback tonight. I believe the semi pro goes for about $155. Is this a pretty solid jersey? I am debating between the Lafontaine and Perrault - and #11 is the front runner. If you were going to drop this $$, what jersey would you get? I don't think the authentic would be worth it for more than $100 more do you? Thanks...

i just picked up the replica at 155 of lafontaine and i must say its awsome. the logo's are really high quality... the jersey itself doesn't compare to my older 'pro player' (best jersey manufacturer so far) ones but its a typcial CCM material jersey... i got the blue one. i love it... and i had to pay almost 210 canadian but i don't care i love it...

However i grew up with red and black so the blue and gold era is beyond me and i don't know much about it... but if you remeber the history and feel really passionate about that time of sabres hockey maybe the authentic is worth the money. but i love my replica.

Archived