Brad Richards?

deluca67

Well, I'll try and interpret this thread so far. Deluca, hearing that the 'ning are trying to unload Richards because he isa UFA next year, is wondering what we/anybody would give up for a potential rent a player.

Gregkash, in response, either doesn't want to give up anything this year or didn't understand Deluca's original post.

Guest Guest_toddkaz

I am confused every time I mention trade DELUCA is a strong advocate against it. He says let the "kids" play or don't ruin the chemistry. What is his point?

Or is he just trying to become the post leader?

I am confused every time I mention trade DELUCA is a strong advocate against it.  He says let the "kids" play or don't ruin the chemistry.  What is his point?

Or is he just trying to become the post leader?

The point is to toss out ideas to start conversations. It's sort of the idea behind the concept of message boards.

That aside.

At 25 years old Brad Richards has a mountain of upside. He has youth and skill. A Cup Ring. If a move is to be made is Brad Richards a player the team or fans would like to target?

Do you have any thoughts on the matter? Or will you continue to flood this thread with inane dribble like you have done so many times in the past?

Just in Briere waiting until after playoffs.

Sure i would love to see Brad Richards

TRade

Biron

Roy

#1 pick

For

Richards

2nd round pick

sign richards to a 4 year 18 Million dollar contract

then take the 2nd round pick and pickup a top 4 defenceman

and we wouldn't miss a beat.

Just in Briere waiting until after playoffs.

Sure i would love to see Brad Richards

TRade

Biron

Roy

#1 pick

For

Richards

2nd round pick

sign richards to a 4 year 18 Million dollar contract

then take the 2nd round pick and pickup a top 4 defenceman

and we wouldn't miss a beat.

ugh... thank god your not running the show at the sabres front office......

Please, Biron is not very good. Need we forget the last 4 years. Buffalo hasn't drafted well in years need we forget? Rasmussen, Primeau, Norenen and Biron.

And lets fave it Roy will be the person sent down because he can.

So we lose nothing.

Brad Richards will be signed by someone for 5 million a season.

So we lose nothing.

Don't ust say it is a bad trade add some insight to my poor trade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reportedly, Tampa Bay forwards Fredrik Modin and Ruslan Fedotenko, as well as 2004 Hart Trophy winner Martin St. Louis, can be had for the right price. Lightning scout Dave Heitz has scouted several Wild games and was at Tuesday's game.

-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Martin St. Louis might e the odd guy out but since Tampa is in the playoffs i don't see them messing with their cup winning team any more then they did.

you wouldn't give up Roy for Richards?

Lets not forget. This is the free agent era. If it was up to me, I would sign you UFA's and use my draft picks to solidify my team.

Buffalo is not very good at drafting so we could eliminate that aspect of our team. Take all the money we spend on scouting and dump it into free agents. think about it :huh:

roy is cheaper and is willing to play on the 3rd or 4th line if need be... also he's very young and has ALOT of potential if given the chance....

decision...

keep roy...

oh not to mention... our drafting has actually been pretty decent of late...

Pominville

Roy

Miller

Novotny

Gaustad

Campbell

Kalinin

Kotalik

vanek

stafford (unproven but should be decent 3rd liner)

+ recently departed

Bartovic

All fairly decent if not potentially great players to come in the future. espcially miller and roy. thats 9 out of 18 players on our roster... you can't tell me our drafting has been crap because there playing on this team which is winning and all contributing... espcially kotalik and now vanek.

To me, the point of trading is to address your weaknesses. We obviously have too many goaltender's. Since this is common knowledge, I don't think I need to cite a source for this.

I think our biggest weakness is Defense. If Biron and Roy were packaged for Richards, then we would have to move even more players to bring in a defenseman. 1 trade may not hurt team chemistry, but if you start to really move personnel around it might.

Just for argument's sake, if we were stronger on the blueline, I still wouldn't make this trade. Once again, we should be trading to address a weakness. Richards is a Center, we are all set at Center. Even with Roy out of the picture, we still have 4 good centers once everyone is healthy, so why bring in another one?

Just another thought, if Biron needs to be packaged with someone for a trade, I would not trade Roy. Like I said, I like how he is playing, and he's young and still developing.

I would trade for richards in a heart beat. Even as just a rental player. Actuallty, probably specifically as a rental player. Let someone else overpay fo him. If you can get him for a prospect and draft pick, do it. This organization is loaded with young forwards so he would not be an assset that we would need to keep.

roy is cheaper and is willing to play on the 3rd or 4th line if need be... also he's very young and has ALOT of potential if given the chance....

decision...

keep roy...

oh not to mention... our drafting has actually been pretty decent of late...

Pominville

Roy

Miller

Novotny

Gaustad

Campbell

Kalinin

Kotalik

vanek

stafford (unproven but should be decent 3rd liner)

+ recently departed

Bartovic

All fairly decent if not potentially great players to come in the future. espcially miller and roy. thats 9 out of 18 players on our roster... you can't tell me our drafting has been crap because there playing on this team which is winning and all contributing... espcially kotalik and now vanek.

You forgot Paetsch...

okay....in a make believe land, what would you trade for Richards????

Considering you would rather have Roy on your team then Richards :huh:

I'm not saying I wouldn't want Richards on my team....what I am saying is the team has other needs that need to be addressed first. And with any trade offer that's on the table, I always wonder what the price is going to be. I would not be willing to give up that much at a position we have a ton of depth at. If it was to fill a hole, it would be a different story.

Just a side thought, what makes you think that Tampa is going to want to get rid of Richards? They are 6th in the East right now, and are probably going to want him for the playoffs as well.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want Richards on my team....what I am saying is the team has other needs that need to be addressed first. And with any trade offer that's on the table, I always wonder what the price is going to be. I would not be willing to give up that much at a position we have a ton of depth at. If it was to fill a hole, it would be a different story.

Just a side thought, what makes you think that Tampa is going to want to get rid of Richards? They are 6th in the East right now, and are probably going to want him for the playoffs as well.

Can they afford him?

It's a mute point... the lightning WILL re-sign Richards.  He is their best foward and in the prime of his career.  They won't lose him.

What's a mute point? :lol:

Sorry, had to say it. Anyway, Tampa has a ton of money locked up in Lecavelier and St. Louis. If they give Richards the money that he is probably worth, they will have essentially no cap space left. Their best bet if they do end up moving one of the big money players is to move Richards before the break because there is no chance of getting equal value in return for St. Louis at his current salary.

Archived