Brad Richards?

deluca67

TAMPA TRIBUNE: Erik Erlendson reported yesterday on rumours that have the Lightning trading forward Brad Richards for either Minnesota's Manny Fernandez or Montreal's Jose Theodore, claiming "neither can be taken seriously". Erlendson dismissed reports the Bolts cannot afford to re-sign Richards after forking out hefty long-term deals to Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis or that the club needs a goaltending upgrade. Erlendson cites the impending increase in the salary cap next season, and with Richards making $3 million this season, increasing his salary to $6.5 million isn't that much of a jump.

I don't even know if that makes sense but there it is.

Buffalo hasn't drafted well in years need we forget?  Rasmussen, Primeau, Norenen and Biron.

Man, I hate Noronen being lumped in with the "Bad" draft picks. Mika has gotten zero opportunity to claim the starting job with this team let alone play. This guy, if ever given the chance, is gonna be a good goaltender.

Rasmussen, Primeau, and Biron were Muckler's picks. Regier, for the most part (with the exception of the Barrett Heisten pick) has done pretty well.

Reportedly, Tampa Bay forwards Fredrik Modin and Ruslan Fedotenko, as well as 2004 Hart Trophy winner Martin St. Louis, can be had for the right price. Lightning scout Dave Heitz has scouted several Wild games and was at Tuesday's game.

-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

I don't think tampa is going to mess with ther team but their is an update.

Todd,

Noronen has been lumped behind Hasek, Biron, and now Miller. Lets be honest here, the Sabres didn't need to use that first rounder in 1997 on a goaltender. I didn't understand it then and still don't now. Noronen, in my opinion, is better than Biron but since we pay him 2.5 mil, who do u think is going to get to play? I've seen Noronen play alot when he was in Rochester during the 1999-2000 season when he lead them to the Calder Cup finals. He was as good as Miller was last year for Roch. My belief is that the upside of Noronen is much higher than that of Biron.

Without Biron's 13 game win streak the Sabres wouldn't be where they are today.

The idea that just because the Sabres have Ryan Miller who is showing to be a better goalie then Biron it some how means Biron sucks as a goalie? The same for Mika. Biron

has shown himself time and again to be a solid NHL goalie. Is he as spectacular as Miller? No. That shouldn't take away from Biron's skills.

If it's Biron or Mika that gets traded, some team is going to get a very good goalie.

The lack of appreciation for players who have worn the Sabre uniform with pride and performed well amazes me. Whether it's Hasek, Zhitnik, Satan or the back up goalies. All have done what they could to help the organIzation win. The willingness and ease you turn your backs on these players once they leave or a new toy arrives is sad.

Reportedly, Tampa Bay forwards Fredrik Modin and Ruslan Fedotenko, as well as 2004 Hart Trophy winner Martin St. Louis, can be had for the right price. Lightning scout Dave Heitz has scouted several Wild games and was at Tuesday's game.

-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

I don't think tampa is going to mess with ther team but their is an update.

Lightning center Brad Richards will become a restricted free agent this summer and is likely to command close to the max in the NHL's new salary-cap world.

Star forwards Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier make $12.5 million combined and the Bolts also have top defenseman Pavel Kubina to worry about come July 1.

According to the St. Paul Star-Tribune, the Lightning could be forced to deal one of Richards or Kubina.

Richards has notched 15 goals and 33 assists in 51 games with the Bolts this season, while Kubina has tallied three goals and 17 assists in 49 games.

- THE FORTH LINE

More internet bs...

just for insight

11. Keith Ballard where is he?

15. Artim Kruikov where is ?

Barret Heisten where is he?

Jiri Novotny hasn't made it yet in 5 years

and then

1991 Philippe Boucher #1 did nothing

1992 #12 overall remember David Cooper?

1993 Top Pick Dennis Tsygurov

1994 Wayne Primeau #17

1996 #7 overall Erik Rasmussen

#33 Derren Van Oene

1997 Mika Norenan

1998 34 pick overall fan favourite Andrew Peters

I wouldn't say we are very good at drafting

just for insight

11.  Keith Ballard where is he?

15. Artim Kruikov where is ?

Barret Heisten where is he?

Jiri Novotny hasn't made it yet in 5 years

and then

1991 Philippe Boucher #1 did nothing

1992  #12 overall remember David Cooper?

1993 Top Pick Dennis Tsygurov

1994 Wayne Primeau #17

1996 #7 overall Erik Rasmussen

#33 Derren Van Oene

1997 Mika Norenan

1998 34 pick overall fan favourite Andrew Peters

Ballard was an integral part of the Drury trade.... he's now on Phoenix playing regularly. He has 30 points for a defensemen. Sounds good to me

Kruikov is a bust.

Heisten..same thing

Novotny is now starting to come around..but i'm not making excuses.

Your other picks are from past regimes man.. Are you gonna blast Punch Imlach too for taking Taro Tsujimoto? The famous imaginary Japanese player? How about Jiri Dudacek? Every team has busts for draft picks

Fushetti it is about franchise not regimes.

If you wan to compare lets compare us to Detroit or New Jersey what if we could draft like that?

I bring up the past because that is how long it has been since Pierre Turgeon we have drafted an All-star Forward.

inkman why do you consider it internet BS?

Gm's call other Gm's to see what they can get. Ie Theodore and Richards

the press gets a hold of it and prints it. You have never heard of CHATTER?

And how exactly does the press get a hold of it? For every trade rumor that comes true, there are 100 that don't. Chatter=Speculation.

Ballard was an integral part of the Drury trade.... he's now on Phoenix playing regularly. He has 30 points for a defensemen. Sounds good to me

Kruikov is a bust.

Heisten..same thing

Novotny is now starting to come around..but i'm not making excuses.

Your other picks are from past regimes man.. Are you gonna blast Punch Imlach too for taking Taro Tsujimoto? The famous imaginary Japanese player? How about Jiri Dudacek? Every team has busts for draft picks

Here's some more insight for you:

I believe Regeir took over before for the 1997 draft:

Some of the names drafted that year might look familiar:

Mika Noronnen, Henrik Tallinder, Maxim Afinogenov and Brian Campbell

1998:

Kalinin and Kotalik stand out.

1999:

brought us Ryan Miller among others still in the system in Rochester.

2000:

Paul Gaustad

2001:

Novotony (who is still coming around IMHO), Roy, Pominville and Thornburn

2002:

Paille

2003:

Vanek and Paetsch

All players that seem to be contributing this year. They seem like ok draft picks to me. All developed in our system. But then again I don't understand hockey as well as you.

Keith Ballard where is he? He is the fourth rated (?) prospect with the 'Yotes.

Artim Kruikov where is ? Kryukov is entering the final year of his deal with Lokomotiv, and will be able to join the Sabres next season as a free agent.

Barret Heisten where is he? No where important, which is why the team declined him a contract offer.

Jiri Novotny hasn't made it yet in 5 years - Yes, but has not looked lost at the NHL level this year.

1991 Philippe Boucher #1 did nothing - Boucher has been a top 4 Dman with LA and Dallas almost immedietly after he was traded.

1992 #12 overall remember David Cooper? AHL lifer, and the brunt of my father's abuse at Amerks games during the early 90's.

1993 Top Pick Dennis Tsygurov - I had the "pleasure" of watching him live and he might have been the single worst hockey player I have ever witnessed.

1994 Wayne Primeau #17 - Too many people thought he was going to be his brother. Atleast he will be locked into the annuls of hockey lore as one of the stiffs they got fot Thorton.

1996 #7 overall Erik Rasmussen - Has all the tools but could never find the key to the shed.

#33 Derren Van Oene - I really liked him, too bad he was a really, really poor man's version of Gaustad.

1997 Mika Norenan - The jury is still out.

1998 34 pick overall fan favourite Andrew Peters - Hey, he broke McGratton's face. That warrants the pick in my mind.

2000-2003 you are naming third and fourth line players

Do i always have to explain things. The press ges a hold of this information from NHL teams. NHL GM's always use the press to bargain with. Buffalo has said, JP Dumont, Pyatt, Norenan to name a few names have been used by our team for trade bait. See how it works now?

Then teams here through the wire and call GM's if they are interested. That is just one of many ways the Media is involved. try googling it and maybe you can see.

inkman why do you consider it internet BS?

Gm's call other Gm's to see what they can get. Ie Theodore and Richards

the press gets a hold of it and prints it. You have never heard of CHATTER?

I wasn't asserting that what was being written, it was more a flippant remark as to the state of internet rumors. Context sucks on message boards. :)

Just in Briere waiting until after playoffs.

Sure i would love to see Brad Richards

TRade

Biron

Roy

#1 pick

For

Richards

2nd round pick

sign richards to a 4 year 18 Million dollar contract

then take the 2nd round pick and pickup a top 4 defenceman

and we wouldn't miss a beat.

Tampa Bay laughs and hangs up.

I think some people are underestimating how good Brad Richards is. A package that's centered around Derek Roy isn't going to give you a sniff of an elite forward like Richards.

Biron will be an UFA after the 06-07 season, he's making over $2 million, and isn't a huge upgrade over their current goaltending situation. Roy is a decent sparkplug with offensive skill, but he's undersized and will never be close to elite. They're going to need a lot more than a 20 spot draft pick upgrade to even consider this.

Any Sabre fan that doesn't want to make this deal is delusional. Richards is a point per game center that's been doing it consistently on the second line. He's thrived in big game situations and would immediately become our most skilled player.

That said, it's a 'mute' point as Feaster hangs up unless the package involves Vanek.

2000-2003 you are naming third and fourth line players

Do i always have to explain things. The press ges a hold of this information from NHL teams. NHL GM's always use the press to bargain with. Buffalo has said, JP Dumont, Pyatt, Norenan to name a few names have been used by our team for trade bait. See how it works now?

Then teams here through the wire and call GM's if they are interested. That is just one of many ways the Media is involved. try googling it and maybe you can see.

I am naming players that have contributed to this team and are still developing.

Todd, let me let you in on a little secret...try googling it doesn't fly as a source. While google may bring up some credible sources...the internet is an unchecked source for information. There is no factchecking, or editorial filter on much of the information. Any yokel can get his ideas published on the internet, without having anyone check to see if the information is correct.

Tampa Bay laughs and hangs up.

I think some people are underestimating how good Brad Richards is. A package that's centered around Derek Roy isn't going to give you a sniff of an elite forward like Richards.

Biron will be an UFA after the 06-07 season, he's making over $2 million, and isn't a huge upgrade over their current goaltending situation. Roy is a decent sparkplug with offensive skill, but he's undersized and will never be close to elite. They're going to need a lot more than a 20 spot draft pick upgrade to even consider this.

Any Sabre fan that doesn't want to make this deal is delusional. Richards is a point per game center that's been doing it consistently on the second line. He's thrived in big game situations and would immediately become our most skilled player.

That said, it's a 'mute' point as Feaster hangs up unless the package involves Vanek.

Delusional? No...Some of us want to see the defenseman situation taken care of before we go after another Center...

This could go on forever.

1997 21 Mika Norenan we could of used pick 23 Scott Hannan or how about pick 25 Brendan Morrow I think he is their Captain.

1998 18 we did get Kalinin but how about 19 Robby Rehger or 22 Simon Gange or 27 Scott Gomez

1999 20 Barret Heisten how about 21 Nick Boyton, boy he would look good or 26 Martin Havlat

2000 15 Artim Krukov how about 20 alexander Frolov or 28 Justin Williams

The other thing is all of our great first round picks are run out of here and are playing on other teams.

Good thing we did run Tim Connelly and Pyatt out of here, YET.

hey Obviously I ment try Googling on how information goes from the GM to the press and what the difference is between speculation and rumor.

Not googing to find rumors. You can learn how the information network works. People will expain to you it. Such as many reporters have friends on the inside or Retired Hockey players now anylists have inside information. Like i said do a little research on how information moves about. It is very insightful.

Delusional? No...Some of us want to see the defenseman situation taken care of before we go after another Center...

So if Atlanta offers you Kovalchuk for Peters are you going to tell Waddel to hold up until we get our dream #7 defenseman, then we'll talk?

This is crazy. The package isn't remotely cloe to even and Sabre fans are complaining about giving up Roy?

If you want the "defenseman situation" cleared up then just turn around and deal Richards for nearly any d-man you want.

Saying you wouldn't do that package is completely and totally delusional. Period.

Archived