Anyone hear why Mair apologized?

Knightrider

Maybe I've been under a rock, but I had not heard this...

Just over five minutes McGrattan and Peters clashed, Neil and Buffalo's Adam Mair went toe-to-toe. The Senators had a score to settle with Mair, who they believed crossed the line when he brought up the deceased Dan Snyder to Dany Heatley last Thursday. Snyder died in a car accident just over three years ago. Heatley had been driving the car.

Link

Mair said something about what happened when Heatley killed his teammate.

But why oh why would The Sens get upset about this?

I mean, as MartyHavlatIsMyGod has explained to all of us in a different thread, it's quite alright to drive recklessly and endanger peoples lives as long as you're young and ignorant.

*sarcasm and spite mode off*

Nevertheless, it really has no place for Mair to mention this during a game, and although I don't like Heatley, I still think Mair did the right thing apologizing. In my book is shows a lot of class, as apologizing is one of the most difficult things to do.

Mair was friends with Snyder, they were teammates in juniors. While that doesn't justify what Mair may have said, it's not like it was a completely random remark, rather it had a little more raw emotion behind it.

I didn't realise this was the case.

If Mair and Snyder were good friends, not just former teammates, well in that case I don't see a problem with Mair reminding the gap-toothed moron of what he did.

If they were just teammates, then it's out of place.

Wow, what a whacky double standard in the NHL. Mair (allegedly) makes a remark to Heatly referenceing how Heatly KILLED a temmate due to his stupidity and got to walk because he's a pro athlete. Is the comment oput of line....hmmmm....maybe, if Heatly didn't like it he could have dropped the gloves and shut Mair's pie hole for him. So Mairs a bad guy...and everyone-even here in Bflo seems to agree.

On the other hand, Neil blindsides Drury, knopcks him unconscious, bloodies his head and ...well, no apology, and there isn't even consensus around the league that the hit was wrong or cheap or iilegal.

So Mair hurt's DH's feelings by his remarks and HE appologized, Neil physically injured an opponenet and it might even be Drury's fault for not having his head up or not having his helmet on tight enough. Using that logic it's Heatley fault that Mair made wahtever comments he made because it's HIS (DH's) fault for putting himself in that position.

Bizarre.

I don't have a problem with Mair saying anything about killing his friend. In my eyes, Heatley is a murderer... he is solely responsible for taking the life of another human being by being an irresponsible moron. No one can deny that... it makes no difference that he didn't mean to... he did and it is done. Heatley killed Snyder. I have a problem that he didn't get charged with Vehicular manslaughter at the least and spend a good amount of time in jail. If you are going to do dumb things like that, part of your punishment should be having to deal with it when people bring it up.

I don't care if it was an accident... he was reckless and like I said solely responsible for the death of another person. He is a murderer, deal with it.

Archived