Drury=Man

inkman

Linky

Nice exerpts:

"It's a physical game, and it's a rough game," he said. "He's a big guy. At the end of it all, it's not the first time I got my head cracked open, and it probably won't be the last. As a player, you just have to deal with it."

"I was impressed as heck [saturday] night being down that much, missing so many guys, on the road, under those circumstances, and it was real close to us getting three out of four points," Drury said Sunday. "Who knows, in overtime or a shootout, maybe we get four. It was a heck of an effort by a pretty gutsy group of guys."

"If you asked a lot of us, me included, I didn't think our team could get much closer," Drury said. "We definitely got a lot closer, and our organization got closer. Half the lineup has been in Rochester all year. On the plus-side, the very positive thing, was that we did get closer."

Yeah I was VERY worried yesterday, with all the talk of his eye swollen shut ... but the fact they are saying no headaches and also just that they let him talk to the media, which Connolly did not do for months, tells me he will at least be back. Not gonna say when, but at least he will be back.

The other interesting quote could be interpreted as a defense of Neil where Drury talks about the emphasis in the game on "finishing checks." Or maybe Drury doesn't want to whine about it like everyone else. Clean or not, as Inky says, he's taking it like a man. I didn't expect anything else from the guy.

Yeah I was VERY worried yesterday, with all the talk of his eye swollen shut ... but the fact they are saying no headaches and also just that they let him talk to the media, which Connolly did not do for months, tells me he will at least be back. Not gonna say when, but at least he will be back.

I know this guy that is friends with Tim Connolly's sister. She said that Tim pretty much wasn't able to talk because of the severity of the concussion. It wasn't just that they didn't want him to talk to the media, I'm pretty sure that for a while he wasn't able to talk and think clearly.

I know this guy that is friends with Tim Connolly's sister. She said that Tim pretty much wasn't able to talk because of the severity of the concussion. It wasn't just that they didn't want him to talk to the media, I'm pretty sure that for a while he wasn't able to talk and think clearly.

Maybe they can void his contract them on the grounds that he was not of sound mind when he signed it.

;)

Archived