Briere Is Ready To Roll

PTS

From the sounds of it (check out that official official website), Daniel Briere might be ready to play before the break.

Personally, I'd hold him out and give him extra time but it sounds like he is almost 100%.

As reluctant as I was about the Habs doctor, he is as good as advertised for getting JP and Danny repaired so quickly.

He's good at fixing, he's just not good at diagnosing. :D

I understand the reason for wanting to hold him out, but if he's ready, he's ready. Remember, there is no organized team activity over the break. If he can go now, it might be helpful if he gets in some work with the team right now. This would also explain why they didn't bother to keep any spare players on the roster once Pyatt came back.

He's good at fixing, he's just not good at diagnosing. :D

I understand the reason for wanting to hold him out, but if he's ready, he's ready. Remember, there is no organized team activity over the break. If he can go now, it might be helpful if he gets in some work with the team right now. This would also explain why they didn't bother to keep any spare players on the roster once Pyatt came back.

This might sound crazy, but what about a reconditioning stint in Rochester during the break. As you said, no organized team activity. If he goes down to Rochester, he could work some of the rust off.

This might sound crazy, but what about a reconditioning stint in Rochester during the break. As you said, no organized team activity. If he goes down to Rochester, he could work some of the rust off.

It's not crazy at all. Obviously that's something he would have to agree to. If he's the big leader/team guy that he's supposed to be, this is the kind of assignment that he would accept.

thats a good idea... but would he accept that role.... im not to sure... mogilny has accepted his role lol... im sure briere would too... i don't think he's bigger then this teams success. i like that idea and id follow through on it if i was GM.

Archived