McRotten and Neil pre-game skate

Claude Balls

Needless to say, Colin Campbell said he was going to be at the game.

Great he'll make sure that every dive and stick on the waist is called, and that Ruff doesn't play his fourth line against Ottawa's tin men.

Meanwhile, when a guy takes a late shot to the head, and is lying dazed on the ice in a pool of his own blood, he'll take control, put up his arms, and tell every one in the arena: "Nothing to see here."

Regardless of how you feel about him, that's really going too far. You're beginning to sound like one of the churlish Flyers' fans

Just how is that going too far, please explain? Colin Campbell is the main reason all this thuggery by the Senators keeps taking place. Defend him all you want, pretty soon you won't have a team to root for. Campbell is an A$$HOLE.

He's right, Campbell should have been fired years ago and he is a POS. Like I said in my post in the "Banning head shots" thread, or whatever it was called, Campbell has handled things ass-backwards since he took over. The guy has no system for handing down suspensions/fines except on his own opinion, and that is wayyyy too much power for one man to have. He has allowed things to slip to this level where the league sends the message that thuggery is great and fighting it out like a man is illegal. How about the 3-game suspension on Orpik last year after he smashed Erik Cole into the boards from behind and broke his neck? That is complete trash, and so is Colin Campbell

I wonder if Peters broke any more bones in McStupids face with those two viscious bombs he landed early in the fight. McRotten was all hunched over in pain gasping for air in the penalty box afterwards. He landed a couple on Peters, but no where near the two that go planted on him. I would also love to one day see Neil grow a pair and fight someone on his level rather than going after smaller guys.

I was at the game and McGrattan did not bump Briere at all. He may have been chirping him, but I was watching him closely. He skated up and down the redline just looking at the Sabres for about 30 seconds then went to go shoot. No physical contact was made, but chirping was definitely involved.

I don't think you guys are giving Briere enough credit, kind of like you're babying him. He's a strong guy, he can take care of himself.

I was at the game and McGrattan did not bump Briere at all. He may have been chirping him, but I was watching him closely. He skated up and down the redline just looking at the Sabres for about 30 seconds then went to go shoot. No physical contact was made, but chirping was definitely involved.

I don't think you guys are giving Briere enough credit, kind of like you're babying him. He's a strong guy, he can take care of himself.

there was contact. multiple replays will show that. it was just a little "hey there buddy" type of tap, but it was most definitely a tap

McRotten was all hunched over in pain gasping for air in the penalty box afterwards.

I think that was from the hit Kaleta had put on him a little earlier when he drilled McGrattan into the half boards. I never liked McGrattan but I gotta say he showed some toughness scraping when you know he was hurting from the hit. Redden is a pussbag tho for starting that with Peters and not fighting him while making McGrattan step in. Although that's McGrattan's role, isn't it.

I think that was from the hit Kaleta had put on him a little earlier when he drilled McGrattan into the half boards. I never liked McGrattan but I gotta say he showed some toughness scraping when you know he was hurting from the hit. Redden is a pussbag tho for starting that with Peters and not fighting him while making McGrattan step in. Although that's McGrattan's role, isn't it.

Kaleta's hit was an absolute thing of beauty. Reminded me of Captain Crunch, although he was more of an open-ice hitter.

Kaleta just painted the boards with McRotten.

First off, notice Neil's name in the title of this thread? Neil did the bumping, McRotten was jawing at him, while Briere was on his knees stretching no less. I don't know what the hell you were watching. I don't think the up close TV replays were wrong. :blink:

That's what I was thinking too, but it was still nice to see him writhing in pain after being smoked by a guy half his size. And for all the Sens fans whining for more penalties the other night, McRotten very easily could have gotten third man in on that fight. Those two bombs Peters landed early made up for that.

For Mcgratton to talk smack to Briere before the game while stretching no less, shows just what a classless moron that fuking idiot is.

Kaleta really nailed him into the boards. GREAT!

Good game, tough loss but I think the Sabres really held up nicely. They battled back hard and lost on a stupid bounce.

We'll see you in the Playoffs Ottawa!!!

Plus Briere was chirping away from the safety of the bench on Thursday during the fights. It's Mcg.'s job to make sure Briere khnows what's up.

Kinda like a rookie in his 2nd NHL game let McRotten know what was up when he drilled him into the half wall. Did I also mention that rookie is half Brians size too?

Archived