OT- Whiner Lines

inkman

Many stations nationwide like to run this gimmick known as the whiner lines. Am I the only one that finds this whole concept annoying and pointless. If I wanted to hear unintelligent ramblings brought on by overly emotional responses to frivolous and mundane activities I would tune into Rush Limbaugh.

Seriously, is anyone really entertained by these stupid whiner lines. Whining, by definition, is annoying. Why the hell is this on the radio? I don't get it.

Why the hell is this on the radio? I don't get it.

It takes up time rather then the sports morons talking about, oh...what was on American Idol last night, and it's FREE. You call in, they edit some tape together, other than the cost of the intern doing the editing...ooops, that s free, too..it doesn't cost them a thing. If they could find a way to do a 3 hour block of it and x an announcer, they would.

It takes up time rather then the sports morons talking about, oh...what was on American Idol last night, and it's FREE. You call in, they edit some tape together, other than the cost of the intern doing the editing...ooops, that s free, too..it doesn't cost them a thing. If they could find a way to do a 3 hour block of it and x an announcer, they would.

It certainly is easy enough and cheap but do people really tune into this garbage? Do you like it?

Problem is, if you're listening to the sports show in the morning, you'll put up with the whiner line to keep on listening; and they know it.

My fingers work, and if I'm in the car, I ain't listening.

At work it's a different story, I have enough going on to tune it out.

Alright so I'm not that busy, I'm just too lazy to change it for those few minutes. Although I did mute it this morning. :D

I haven't listened to much sports radio since WNSA died, but how is this any different from the every day caller?

I'd say 25 % of callers (that get on the air) resemble the morons on the whiner line. Listening to a montage of them is like fingernails ona chalk board...er...RJ's ice cream commercial.

I'd say 25 % of callers (that get on the air) resemble the morons on the whiner line. Listening to a montage of them is like fingernails ona chalk board...er...RJ's ice cream commercial.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about those commercials. And for those of us stuck listening online, it gets played AT LEAST once every break. A few days ago, it actually played 5 straight times!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about those commercials. And for those of us stuck listening online, it gets played AT LEAST once every break. A few days ago, it actually played 5 straight times!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Reeds back decompression system... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Archived