Berkhoel Called up to Rochester

gilbert1175

...and the fact that their starting goalie Craig Anderson, Panthers property, was recalled the day before.

The Panthers need their own farm team instead of tapping into Rochester.

Then again, rumor has it that the Panthers may be on the move if they can't get financially stable (and the same goes for Nashville). For all we know, they may move to the other side of the border.

The Panthers need their own farm team instead of tapping into Rochester.

It's not like they are forcing the Amerks affiliation with them. Rochester chose to do it for financial reasons. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, the Sabres #%^$#!ed around renewing their deal with Rochester and that's how Florida ended up with half a stake in the team. Anyone rememebr the details?

I think it centered around financial aspects and the fact that Buffalo would not supply any AHL vets for the roster. I wonder how that would impact the Amerks. :rolleyes:

Does "AHL Vet" mean "no chance of making the NHL"? So, the Sabres weren't willing to pay for AHL only players that wouldn't be in the farm system

I know this is going to sound harsh, and I say this with all due respect, but it seems like the name Jody Gage comes to mind.

I know this is going to sound harsh, and I say this with all due respect, but it seems like the name Jody Gage comes to mind.

Actually Steve Donner comes to my mind.

Does "AHL Vet" mean "no chance of making the NHL"? So, the Sabres weren't willing to pay for AHL only players that wouldn't be in the farm system

Buffalo had these players in Rochester for years. Chris Taylor, Mike Hurlbut, Scott Nichol, Scott Metcalf just to name a few.

Actually Steve Donner comes to my mind.

Buffalo had these players in Rochester for years. Chris Taylor, Mike Hurlbut, Scott Nichol, Scott Metcalf just to name a few.

And all were put in place prior to the dual affiliation. Unfortunately, money rules all now and the only time guys like that are going to get jobs are with young, "not quite playoff contenders yet" teams.

Archived