Nathan Gerbe

sargenthulka

Anyone check out Sabre prospect Nathan Gerbe in the Beanpot tourny? He's got amazing wheels, deft scoring hands and can take as well as dish out a hit. Easily the best player in the tournament. Reminds me of Patty Lafontaine.

The term whiny little bitch comes to mind. The kid is the worst diver the college game has seen in years. He wouldn't last a week in the NHL pulling the crap he does, especially at 5'4.

As for best player in the Beanpot, I'd say John Curry would disagree on that one.

If Gerbe doesn't work out as a player, it sounds like he would be the perfect size to play Sabretooth. Just think...wouldn't it be cool if Sabretooth skated on the ice and had some hockey skills as opposed to the current Sabretooth whose skills are limited to banging on the glass and rappeling. :doh:

If Gerbe doesn't work out as a player, it sounds like he would be the perfect size to play Sabretooth. Just think...wouldn't it be cool if Sabretooth skated on the ice and had some hockey skills as opposed to the current Sabretooth whose skills are limited to banging on the glass and rappeling. :doh:

Shouldn't a Sabres' mascot just be able to just skate and fence at the same time.

The term whiny little bitch comes to mind. The kid is the worst diver the college game has seen in years. He wouldn't last a week in the NHL pulling the crap he does, especially at 5'4.

As for best player in the Beanpot, I'd say John Curry would disagree on that one.

I sense some hostility towards Gerbe from you... Being a player of diminutive size didn't stop Theo Fleury(SP?). And in the new speed based NHL perhaps he can excel?

I sense some hostility towards Gerbe from you... Being a player of diminutive size didn't stop Theo Fleury(SP?). And in the new speed based NHL perhaps he can excel?

So are you saying that Gerbe is going to develop a crack habit? Well, he does go to BC.

The main problem with Gerbe is that he's a blatant diver. He's going to get killed at the pro level if he tries to do what he does now. The guy goes into the corner, grabs the opposing defensemans stick and falls to the ground, holding the stick down. He had been getting away with the stuff, but monday made it pretty obvious that the refs are now watching him. Oh, and pushing a linesman after not drawing a call with one of his dives isn't the smartest thing to do.

Fleury was an exception. For every one Theo Fleury, there are 100 guys that size who never made it. I never saw him in person, but I'm willing to bet that even he towered over Gerbe. As someone said before, he's listed at 5'6, but that's a lie (maybe 5'6 ON skates). There are two other guys he's played against in the past two seasons, the Zancanaro brothers. One is listed at 5'5 and the other 5'6. Both of them are noticeably taller than Gerbe. I've run into these guys at a bar once or twice and those heights are a bit of an exaggeration. So if they're not 5'6, what does that make Gerbe?

Gerbe is fun to watch but his size definetly is something to be afriad of. He did play well for US Juniors in the WJC, and many people doubted Pominville ever making it to the NHL so you never know, Gerbe has one thing that will help him alot, a great heart. The dude plays with all he's got each night. He's the type of player that would fail in many systems due to his size but under Lindy Ruff he might just make it.

Gerbe is fun to watch but his size definetly is something to be afriad of. He did play well for US Juniors in the WJC, and many people doubted Pominville ever making it to the NHL so you never know, Gerbe has one thing that will help him alot, a great heart. The dude plays with all he's got each night. He's the type of player that would fail in many systems due to his size but under Lindy Ruff he might just make it.

I don't get the Pominville comparison?

Per hockeysfuture website...

Gerbe 5'5" 160 lbs.

Pominville 6'0" 178 lbs.

I don't get the Pominville comparison?

Per hockeysfuture website...

Gerbe 5'5" 160 lbs.

Pominville 6'0" 178 lbs.

I didn't mean to compare Pominville to Gerbe, but when Pominville was scoring loads of goals in Quebec, many people (experts) said he was too slow for his size, and even when he played in Rochester, people said he was too slow for a guy who's 6'0" and 170 pounds..... yet he proved everyone wrong.

And people say Gerbe is too small as he's playing great in college, then he plays good in WJC and people said he tried hard and played but is too small to make it to the NHL.... and we'll see is all i am saying.

Tonight after scoring a late GWG against Maine. Gerbe decided to celebrate while standing over the Maine goalie and then bowed directly towards him. As I said before, the kid really needs to grow up soon. If he keeps this crap up, someone is going to kill him. There's no way he'll make it through 2 more years of college at this pace.

Tonight after scoring a late GWG against Maine. Gerbe decided to celebrate while standing over the Maine goalie and then bowed directly towards him. As I said before, the kid really needs to grow up soon. If he keeps this crap up, someone is going to kill him. There's no way he'll make it through 2 more years of college at this pace.

Couldn't agree more. I actually thought of him in the Brian Gionta mold, but he's gotta get more mature. The CSTV announcers didn't think the taunting was very much like him at all, if that's any help. Regardless....dumb move by him and he's lucky Maine didn't come back to win. Jerry York oughta scratch him for a game to make him think about that for a while.

Couldn't agree more. I actually thought of him in the Brian Gionta mold, but he's gotta get more mature. The CSTV announcers didn't think the taunting was very much like him at all, if that's any help. Regardless....dumb move by him and he's lucky Maine didn't come back to win. Jerry York oughta scratch him for a game to make him think about that for a while.

I've seen Boyle do some kind of excessive celebration twice now. There's a lack of leadership on that team. I won't put it all on York's shoulders (some of it though), but I think a lot of the blame goes towards Boyle. Being stripped of his C (even though it was non-hockey reasons) backs up that idea.

Gerbe decided to celebrate while standing over the Maine goalie and then bowed directly towards him.

Did someone feed him their stick? I know the college game is a wee bit different than professional hockey but showing someone up like that? Did he at least get a penalty?

Did someone feed him their stick? I know the college game is a wee bit different than professional hockey but showing someone up like that? Did he at least get a penalty?

He got an unsportsmanlike penalty with his team up 2. Maine scored on the PP but couldn't even it up. So basically, his stupidity put an otherwise wrapped up game at risk.

Bishop, the goalie, went after him (Bishop's a huge kid, so that's always funny). Someone's going to get to him sooner or later because I don't see him dropping this crap from his game.

Archived