Housley to be honored by Sabres

BuffalOhio

I didn't know the Sabres had a Hall of Fame? If this already exists, why the heck are we retiring the number of players like Danny Gare instead of honoring him like Housley? <_<

They should have used the space formerly occupied by the Adelphia Zone to honor players in the Hall of Fame instead of jamming a couple of more concession stands in there.

The Flames are retiring Mike Vernon's number (30) tonight:

(Sports Network) - It will be a special night in Calgary as the Flames will honor five-time All-Star and hometown boy Mike Vernon tonight before battling the Chicago Blackhawks at Pengrowth Saddledome.

Vernon's number 30 will be just the second number to be raised into the rafters in team history. The first was Lanny McDonald, who's number nine was honored back in 1990.

LINK

Vernon's number 30 will be just the second number to be raised into the rafters in team history. The first was Lanny McDonald, who's number nine was honored back in 1990. [/i]

And hopefully Theo Fleury will be the third! (had to say it since he is pretty much my all-time favorite player).

Anyways, what's with all the tributes this year? I really don't remember a year when so many players from so many different teams either had their jersey #s retired and/or had a night to honor them. I guess since there was a year off from the lockout the NHL got backed up?

And hopefully Theo Fleury will be the third! (had to say it since he is pretty much my all-time favorite player).

Anyways, what's with all the tributes this year? I really don't remember a year when so many players from so many different teams either had their jersey #s retired and/or had a night to honor them. I guess since there was a year off from the lockout the NHL got backed up?

shameless acts to generate fan interest. :angry:

Archived