Check Out Today's "Frozen Moment"

ExiledInIllinois

#29 Retired-Ken Dyrden

That is Ken and his family Standing high in the slot, brother Dave is next to Ken...

Pretty impressive since Dave is wearing his classic Sabres jersey!

Is there any doubt that they should return to the originals? They look just as classic as the Habs or other original sixers!

What a compliment next to the red, white, and blue of MTL... BFLO blue and gold baby!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ken Dryden was great. I remember (vaguely) it being a big deal about getting Dave on the ice opposite Ken.

Our boys' classic unis look great tonight on the ice against Boston, too. Since Boston's in white and our guys in blue...it looks like a game at the Gahden, on Channel 2. I half expect to hear Ted Darling with the call and see Brad Park and Craig Ramsay fighting for the puck in the corner.

SALT THE SLUG!

#29 Retired-Ken Dyrden

That is Ken and his family Standing high in the slot, brother Dave is next to Ken...

Pretty impressive since Dave is wearing his classic Sabres jersey!

Is there any doubt that they should return to the originals? They look just as classic as the Habs or other original sixers!

What a compliment next to the red, white, and blue of MTL... BFLO blue and gold baby!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He's actually wearing a 3rd. It looked really weird seeing Dryden with a 28 on the front of the sweater. (Especially because I remembered him wearing #30, but 28 is what he would have been wearing during that 1st game against his little bro.)

Also, the only booing during the whole ceremony came when Dave mentioned he played for the Sabres. B-)

I just happened to flip on CI in time to watch the Drydens. Pretty classy speech changing between French and English.. I always like to watch a player's number go into the rafters. He won six cups in nine years. I think that is the definition of elite.

I just happened to flip on CI in time to watch the Drydens. Pretty classy speech changing between French and English.. I always like to watch a player's number go into the rafters. He won six cups in nine years. I think that is the definition of elite.

6 in 8 actually. He was a "Nader Raider" during the '73-'74 season.

Archived