TEXAS SABRES FANS - HELP

Rayzor32

Hope you found a place, but if not you can listen for free via nhl.com.

I listened to the game on Tuesday night..needed to watch us kick some Maple Leaf ass tonight...found a good little sports bar that had the game on - Christie's on McKinney if anyone is ever in Dallas..manager told me they'd show the Sabes whenever asked, and they even have Blue there - first place I've seen Labatts in Texas

looks like a little piece of western new york in dallas... very nice!

a VERY little piece, but you take what you can get I guess

Does anyone know if there's a listing anywhere of out of town Sabres bars (or at least places that would show Sabres games?) It would be a great help to those of us who travel frequently.

If not, maybe we can start one, here's what I've got so far:

Chicago -- Lincoln Station

Dallas -- Christie's

any others out there?

a VERY little piece, but you take what you can get I guess

Does anyone know if there's a listing anywhere of out of town Sabres bars (or at least places that would show Sabres games?) It would be a great help to those of us who travel frequently.

If not, maybe we can start one, here's what I've got so far:

Chicago -- Lincoln Station

Dallas -- Christie's

any others out there?

It's been 10+ years since I have been in either one, so take it for what it is worth, but in Houston, Sansone's over on the west side used to have a huge Bills contingent on Sundays and would show hockey games as well. A quick check to their website showed that they do show NHL games, so you could probably get them to show Sabres if you ask.

In Baton Rouge, Ivar's is a great (but small) sports bar located next to I-10 and near LSU. We used to always be able to get hockey shown there. I'd imagine you'd be able to get them to show Sabres if you ask.

Wish I had seen this sooner, but then again, i've been living in Dallas for 10 years and i've never known a bar that showed Sabre games. I get NHL Center Ice every year.

we'll then I found one for you..there was actually another traveling WNYer watching the game at Christie's when I got there -- it's on McKinney near Maple -- I think that's close to Uptown...

• 2 weeks later...
we'll then I found one for you..there was actually another traveling WNYer watching the game at Christie's when I got there -- it's on McKinney near Maple -- I think that's close to Uptown...

I was hoping it was in McKinney. I'm supposed to spend a week or two in that area in April...

There is a great place to watch ANY sports event. Head south at I-635 and I-30E intersection. As you head south, you will see a line of resturants on the right side of the interstate. You are searching for SportsCity, and you can see it from interstate. Take first exit, North Town East Blvd. At light, turn right on North Town East Blvd. At the first light on North Town East Blvd, turn right on Town Crossing Blvd towards the resturants. Follow the road around until you see SportsCity.

SportsCity is awesome. They have a TV at every booth and you can change the channel to ANY sports event on satellite. When I'm in dallas, I always catch a game there. The food is good too!

Hope that helps!

John

Archived