The Sabres better be ready to play after the allstar break

LabattBlue

The Sabres have 5 out of 6 on the road after the break and then a 6 game home stand beginning and ending with Ottawa.

Jan 26 at Columbus 7:00 pm Buy Tickets MSG, FSOH

Jan 27 at NY Islanders 7:00 pm Buy Tickets MSG, FSNY

Jan 30 vs Boston 7:00 pm Buy Tickets NESN, MSG

Feb 1 at Boston 7:00 pm Buy Tickets MSG, NESN

Feb 3 at New Jersey 7:30 pm Buy Tickets MSG, FSNY

Feb 6 at Atlanta 7:00 pm Buy Tickets MSG, SS

Feb 7 vs Ottawa 7:00 pm Buy Tickets TSN, MSG

Feb 10 vs Calgary 7:00 pm Buy Tickets CBC, MSG

Feb 15 vs Edmonton 7:00 pm Buy Tickets RSW, MSG

Feb 17 vs Boston 7:00 pm Buy Tickets NESN, MSG

Feb 20 vs Philadelphia 7:00 pm Buy Tickets VS.

Feb 22 vs Ottawa 7:00 pm Buy Tickets A Ch, MSG

Feb 24 at Ottawa 7:00 pm Buy Tickets CBC, MSG

That made me think - whose bright idea was it to schedule the first game of a back-to-back at 8 p.m., knowing the team would have to depart right after the game ended? I know this 8 p.m. Friday night start time is becoming all the rage now, but personally I think 8 p.m. start times suck, and it seems they screw up travel plans.

That made me think - whose bright idea was it to schedule the first game of a back-to-back at 8 p.m., knowing the team would have to depart right after the game ended? I know this 8 p.m. Friday night start time is becoming all the rage now, but personally I think 8 p.m. start times suck, and it seems they screw up travel plans.

I wonder whether it is a league rule that a team must travel to an away game the night before whenever possible? It doesn't make a lot of sense for the Sabres to arrive in Montreal and not get to bed before 2 or 3AM versus going to bed at home at a reasonable hour, then flying out at 8 in the morning?

I wonder whether it is a league rule that a team must travel to an away game the night before whenever possible? It doesn't make a lot of sense for the Sabres to arrive in Montreal and not get to bed before 2 or 3AM versus going to bed at home at a reasonable hour, then flying out at 8 in the morning?

There probably is such a rule - the league might not want to run the risk of a team's flight being delayed or whatever and getting into town late.

I think I said the same thing on Saturday. I still can't figure that one out. The team is already putting itself at a disadvantage. That's not even considering that the game was over 3 hours long...which is very rare these days for a regular season game.

Someone mentioned in another thread that the later start time Friday night likely had something to do with the opponent. Vancouver is a West Coast team, so the late start gave their fans a more palatable 5:00 faceoff.

Saturday's results might have had a lot to do with playing the night before, having an 8:00 start, having the game be one of the longest all year and then having to travel to Montreal.

The Sabres outscored the Habs 3-1 over the final 40 minutes. It was a loss yet I have no problem with the effort.

Archived