For all those that said "enjoy the ride"

Sabretooth73

To be honest Im not having as much fun or getting as much excitement about the regular season for this club compared to last year.

Yes, last year they did kind of "come out of no where" and thats most of it, im sure. I venture to say Im not the only one that feels this way either.

Its all gonna come down to the playoffs for this team to decide whether or not this campaign is a success or not.

IF they lose 1st or 2nd round, most of us will be absolutley devastated.

I, will be devastated by anything less than winning it all this year.

They have the talent, chemistry, coaching, etc.

IM not too worried about their "slump" right now.... this is a better team with pressure on them, or something to prove....and quite frankly, they have neither on them currently.

Im ready for a winner, a champion. Buffalo deserves it, God knows all of us feel the same.

Sorry for rambling, but if I could fast forward to April and the playoffs, I would in a heartbeat.

I am gonna be nervous as hell that 1st playoff game, I cant even describe how nervous.

Anyone else feel the same?

Love for them to win it all, but to say they will is just too difficult. The NHL playoffs are a big old crapshoot and I for one will be very nervous come April. I actually don't enjoy watching them play, even now, because it makes me feel edgy the whole time. I want them there and want them to win, but I won't predict a win. To see them lift the Cup will fulfill all my sporting goals and I will be able to rest peacefully. I just worry it will never happen.

indeed.

i know how hard it is.... the playoffs

teams that scare me especially are OTT, MTL, CAR, ATL....

man im nervous about the playoffs already

but if we were in last place we would all be saying, "i wish they were at least competitive" or "i wish theyd at least make the playoffs"

just ONE TIME I WANT A CHAMPION FOR BUFFALO and I dont mean the Bandits. (no offense lacrosse fans).

I wanna see that enrgy we had last year, especially down the stretch and in the playoffs.... although I could really care less if we see it now, or even in March.... not saying its meaningless....but come on.... its all about intensity during the playoffs, and I know they have it> I just wanna see "bits and pieces" of it on occasion now, to re-assure me they still "have it"

Ya need to cut down on the sugar :D

You don't win a Cup in November and you don't lose a Cup in January.

Every team, except the Flyers, will look like the best team in the NHL and the worst team in the NHL at some point during the season. In baseball they call it the 'dog days of summer'. The Sabres are in the hockey version of the 'dog days of winter'. It's hard for players to get fired up for all 82 games. Fans can do it because the only physical price we pay is to our livers while we sit on the couch with a beer watching the games.

So relax and enjoy a great season. What's the point of being a fan if you can't enjoy it?

DeLuca speaks the truth.

Seriously, he is right -- you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment if it's Cup or nothing. I think we have the best team in the NHL, but it's still, at best, a 25-30% chance that we win the cup. there are too many variables.

you probably have the same pit in your stomach right now that I and a lot of others do right now -- you watch every game, but we are in a slump right now and you are worried inside that we will look lousy again, which will cast further doubt on our ability to win the cup, and if this year is our best chance, and we don't win now, then are we ever going to win and WTF do we have to do to win a single GD championship before we die...

I guarantee you the following: between now and the playoffs, there are going to be a lot of great moments. Eventually we'll snap out of this funk and start scoring more than 2 goals per game and more on the PP as well. Max and Briere will do amazing things. Connolly too if he comes back (and won't that be a great thing?). Miller and Drury will be solid as a rock. Pominville will be the little engine that keeps on scoring goals. Vanek will be the new Esposito. Tallinder will come back and restore order to the PK. Campbell will spin and glide all over the ice. Teppo will keep making the right play in the corner. Lindy will be the fearless leader behind the bench. Those guys will follow him anywhere.

We've got a rematch tomorrow night against the up-and-coming Bruins, then Vancouver with Pyatt and the Sedins, then another thriller vs. Montreal. Are you not psyched to see those games? I know I am.

Go Sabres.

Love for them to win it all, but to say they will is just too difficult. The NHL playoffs are a big old crapshoot and I for one will be very nervous come April. I actually don't enjoy watching them play, even now, because it makes me feel edgy the whole time. I want them there and want them to win, but I won't predict a win. To see them lift the Cup will fulfill all my sporting goals and I will be able to rest peacefully. I just worry it will never happen.

Come on Sunshine. Cheer up.

Every team, except the Flyers, will look like the best team in the NHL and the worst team in the NHL at some point during the season. In baseball they call it the 'dog days of summer'. The Sabres are in the hockey version of the 'dog days of winter'. It's hard for players to get fired up for all 82 games. Fans can do it because the only physical price we pay is to our livers while we sit on the couch with a beer watching the games.

So relax and enjoy a great season. What's the point of being a fan if you can't enjoy it?

I'm with you on this one.

Exactly!

Look at what the Blues did to the Ducks at "The Pond" (even know it is the Honda Center -- YUK!) tonight... Blues beat them up 6-2

Come on Sunshine. Cheer up.

Is that RickShaw getting all neggy on us PAS? ;) ;)

I'll be glad when the all-star break--I mean, distraction--is done with. That's when things really seem to speed up, you have the trade deadline and then before u know it, playoffs. But I think the break is a good chance for the guys to rest up mentally and physically, maybe get Hecht and Tallinder healthy, and dare I say get a better sense of where Connolly is with regard to whether or not he'll be back. It'll be a good refresher.

Exactly!

Look at what the Blues did to the Ducks at "The Pond" (even know it is the Honda Center -- YUK!) tonight... Blues beat them up 6-2

Is that RickShaw getting all neggy on us PAS? ;) ;)

Yep, he's definitely gettin' neggy with it.

Archived