Sabres @ Calgary (01/21)

Knightrider

Rick just said that there was a "breakdown in communications" between the arena and the league office in Toronto after the goal. the league apparently tried to call but couldnt. yea right.....

its easy to say that the sabres should be playing better, but this is proof that a bad goal can truly take the wind out of your sails. However, the last 2 minutes of the 2nd, plus a break to brood over it, will get this team going.

I don't generally complain about the refs either, but when your team gets screwed royally, it feels like you got robbed, and when you're on the positive end of a screwjob (i haven't. i'm a bills and sabres fan) it feels like a cheap victory. I don't think anyone would complain if the refs did their jobs correctly.

its easy to say that the sabres should be playing better, but this is proof that a bad goal can truly take the wind out of your sails. However, the last 2 minutes of the 2nd, plus a break to brood over it, will get this team going.

I don't generally complain about the refs either, but when your team gets screwed royally, it feels like you got robbed, and when you're on the positive end of a screwjob (i haven't. i'm a bills and sabres fan) it feels like a cheap victory. I don't think anyone would complain if the refs did their jobs correctly.

I think there are plenty of reasons to complain about it tonight.

I think there are plenty of reasons to complain about it tonight.

there are. this game is a good coaching opportunity for lindy. if they find a way to win, he can use the "win when all odds are against us" or if they lose, he can write it off for bad officiating. By the way, this reminds me of one of my favorite/bittersweet moments of being a sabres fan.

during the whole leclair situation, darcy was threatening to punch out the video replay guy and was throwing tvs around the booth and stuff. NOBODY takes a dump on the sabres!

Paul Hamilton on WGR said the video replay officials are "minor officials" provided by the home team. This can't be true, can it?

well, don't make me start a list of things that "can't possibly be true" about the nhl. it will be very long and will have to be continued on the sabres vs. rangers game thread coming up in a couple days.

ok, i'm drawing a complete blank on this... i know tony amonte played for the blackhawks, but who was the really short guy who played for the blackhawks and rangers and was an alcoholic? he was like 5'5" and "retired" 2 years ago? i really can't think of who it was

Anyone see where the Regehr brothers were born?

Robyn was born in Recife, Brazil and Richie was born in Bandung, Indonesia.

Anyone know the story behind this?

From the Flames web site:

While both make their home in Rosthern, Sask., about a 6.5 hour drive from Calgary, they were born outside Canada while their parents were on missionary duty. Robyn was born in Recife, Brazil while Richie was born in Bundung, Indonesia. The entire family was back in Canada by the time Richie turned three but not before they had a jungle monkey as a pet.