Two Games/Two Nights

Tarrytown

I just got back from a game at the American Airlines Center in Dallas - watched the Stars suck against the 'Yotes. Phoenix played well...Turco is hopeless.

As luck would have it work is now taking me to Chicago when I will see the Sabres play the Hawks...it will be by first game in Chicago...I have cheap seats...that will be my second Sabre game of the year (I hope it turns out better than the debacle that was the Caps game. in DC).

Anyway...some observations on my first game in Dallas (I live in NYC)...the AA Center is nice...I was really impressed..much nicer than MCI/Verizon Center or the HSBC Arena (there is no comparison with MSG or other old arenas)...they really paid attention to the small things all over the arena and didn't seem to cut a corner. It was damn cold though....brrrrr.

Fans were decent...had a nice time...was sickened by the sight of that Stanley Cup Banner...ugh. Overall though other teams could learn a thing or two about how to put an arena together. I was impressed.

As for the game....I wasnt impressed with either team...Phoenix was clearly the better team...hands down. Lindros played...but he's just not the same guy he once was (who is really)...but it begs the question was he the most disappointing player in NHL history?

Now off to Chi-town LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Didn't he just tell it?

it's like he zoned out for 95% of his post....

Fans were decent...had a nice time...was sickened by the sight of that Stanley Cup Banner...ugh.

you should have climbed up there and cut it down!

I will be there with my young son (8, born here in NW IN)... Get off work at 1600, pick him up and then off to the loop!

We will be sitting in section 232 (club level... Towards the corner)...

I said before... I really don't mind the BlackHawks... Because they have been so bad through the years (Chicago teams are easier to love when they are bad)... I love the fact that BFLO owned them in the playoffs during the 1970's and in the 1980's rooted for them over the Oilers in the Conference Finals!

I like their classic logo and unis... :oops: :bag:

I think I can convince my son to were his Sabres hat (non-slug one of course!)...

Myself... I am really kinda of anxious... Because I want the Slugs to DESTROY the 'Hawks...

My loyalty will always be with the blue and gold...

Hope it is a good game!

Didn't he just tell it?

The dude is actually a chick :D

I didn't really plan two games in two night on purpose. It happened by accident...had to be in Dallas for meetings and a colleague in Dallas loves hockey and wanted take me to a game. Then a friend that just moved to Chicago called me about the Sabres game...how could I pass it up?

I am looking forward to the Chicago game tonight. I hope the hawks wear their red jersey's...they are classic.

It was damn cold though....brrrrr.

Sounds like during the design process somebody was reminded of the slush the Stars used to play on at Reunion Arena. <_<

Congrats on two games in two nights! Glad you took the opportunity. Unfortunately tonight's contest wasn't all that entertaining, but hockey is hockey after all.

Archived